Traktor ban... Start of a new trend? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Hilarious!!!!!
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Hilarious!!!!!
    I agree...but I think he is right...I think this is the official start to the "I'm a DJ" backlash...

I need to move to my gear to higher ground before the flood of pretenders rolls through...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

@ keithace, I meant to the altering of the original post. But, yes, the whole thing is hilarious and ridiculous.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

It's actually kind of funny, because in every gig I've done this year, virtually every Traktor user involved was the exact same kind of ADD hypist idiot the post talks about.

You can sit here and say "this is ridiculous, Im an experienced DJ, and a Traktor user." Thats great, really incredible for you, nobody cares. You know who else uses Traktor? Fucking retards. Hyperactive idiots who clear a floor and embarrass the gig staff. Say what you want about "the software not making the DJ." I've never seen someone invested in an SLx and tables, or a mid-high end CDJ rig that didn't know exactly what they were doing at least competently.

The difference between an experienced Traktor user who can "play on anything" and the average Traktor user is that the former can play a set on anything, and the latter is an active problem for the event staff. There's a dichotomy there.

[non mod] what a bunch of assholes!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

`everyone's a dj` plus `excellent are the top 10%` equals `9 out of ten djs suck`.

I think this is not depending on any technology.

I'm currently watching Alan Parson's tutorials, many speakers there are stressing it, too: It's not the tools, it's the guy using them!

Anyone blaming technology alone is ... is there a better phrase than "competing with sliced bread for intelligence" ?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    It's actually kind of funny, because in every gig I've done this year, virtually every Traktor user involved was the exact same kind of ADD hypist idiot the post talks about.

You can sit here and say "this is ridiculous, Im an experienced DJ, and a Traktor user." Thats great, really incredible for you, nobody cares. You know who else uses Traktor? Fucking retards. Hyperactive idiots who clear a floor and embarrass the gig staff. Say what you want about "the software not making the DJ." I've never seen someone invested in an SLx and tables, or a mid-high end CDJ rig that didn't know exactly what they were doing at least competently.

The difference between an experienced Traktor user who can "play on anything" and the average Traktor user is that the former can play a set on anything, and the latter is an active problem for the event staff. There's a dichotomy there.
    I wonder how on earth such terrible DJs, such as the ones you mentioned who happen to use Traktor, even get an opportunity to play the events in the first place. Where is the quality control from the promoters? That's the weak link here, lazy useless promoters and booking agents, not a piece of software.

No offense guys but also i must say 8/10 dj's i have dealt with that use traktor are complete idiots.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    No offense guys but also i must say 8/10 dj's i have dealt with that use traktor are complete idiots.
    Most of the DJs I've dealt with that play Top40 shite and use serato or CDJs are massive cunts. But I don't blame serato or CDJs.

I do however, partially blame Top40 shite. I'm sure there is a peer reviewed paper somewhere that proves the relationship between liking/playing horrible middle of the road music and character flaws such as being a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    no offense guys but also i must say 9.5/10 dj's i have dealt with are complete idiots.
    ftfy
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast