Need more USB port - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have one (Mind you I'm in Australia, so sending it is a bit out of the question). Personally I'd just find a regular USB Hub. The crane one has a super short lead, which is all well and good if you're setting up directly in front of the mixer, but if you want to plug your laptop in away from the mixer/CDJ's, and prep while another DJ is playing, it can be a bit of a pain. Also causes a problem if I want to run CDJ's with my X1's, as I often find I need the external power and have to swap to my other hub. X1 and F1 alone should be fine if you insist =P

You're better off finding yourself a good quality Belkin or other brand USB Hub, with power.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Guru

Would an un-powered usb hub be fine for say two X1's? I'm guessing an external hard drive and a X1 would be a bit of a stretch on one un-powered hub right?

I thought all Midi controllers needed powered USB hubs.

Here is my personal favorite. It's stays home so it doesn't have to look good. It does USB 3.0 file transfers to SATA drives and serves as a USB 2.0 2 port hub and Card Reader. It has an on/off switch which I think all hubs should have.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Guru

So I did a bit of search. By the sounds of things a powered hub is probably the way to go.

Two X1's are fine on an unpowered hub, but adding anything else would be pushing it close
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Tech Wizard

The x1 and f1 on an unpowered hub (being the only 2 controllers being BUS powered) would be fine. If adding an external HD to the hub I'm gonna guess if you were to add a powered HD you could possibly be fine.

That's why I'm upgrading my drive to a thunderbolt drive, it's BUS powered and frees up a USB port + it's extremely fast.

While we are on the talk of things... Say you were to buy an unpowered hub to run a powered HD or even say the S4 using the supplied power adapter (witch should always be used IMO), there should be no problem at all since the HD & S4 are pulling its power from an outlet correct? It's just using the USB port to send and receive the data, no power draw?

Tech Guru

The new thunderbolt docks with usb slots mite solve some problems when they start coming out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12