Need more USB port
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need more USB port

Hi guys,

I'm currently using S2 and F1 and I want to add MidiFighter to my setup.

However, there are only two USB port on the side of my Macbook 13", I need 3 port to use three controller.

How can I solve this problem?

Using USB herb? I heard USB herb induces some more latency than direct connection.

How does you guys use three or more controller with this lack of port problem??

Thank you for reading and Hope you have a good day~

USB hub should be fine..
    Use the hub for the F1 and the midifighter and put your S2 direct to the mac port.
    SC | MC

You shouldn't have latency problems. I've got a mac and have various Midi devices running from a USB hub including a midi keyboard, X1 & F1 and have no latency issues.

Just make sure you buy a decent hub!

I'd suggest running the S2 directly into your mac and connecting the hub to the remaining port, you'll be fine.

Thanks guys~ Hub is right btw kkk

Yep herbs are for other things
    SC | MC

What USB hub would you recommend?

Power/unpowered?

Tech Wizard

Powered USB hubs are usually better since it draws power externally, which means avoiding USB power drainage problems from your computer. I myself use this Belkin 4-port powered USB Hub and its treating me well
    belkin-usb-hub-4-ports-speed-f4u040ak-chocobozz-1203-03-Chocobozz@114.jpg
    When you get the hub, just make sure it is USB 2.0 (or even 3.0 if you can find one and if the computer is compatible) so that you get the maximum bandwith
    *Inactive Account*

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by B4YU View Post
    Powered USB hubs are usually better since it draws power externally, which means avoiding USB power drainage problems from your computer. I myself use this Belkin 4-port powered USB Hub and its treating me well
    belkin-usb-hub-4-ports-speed-f4u040ak-chocobozz-1203-03-Chocobozz@114.jpg
    When you get the hub, just make sure it is USB 2.0 (or even 3.0 if you can find one and if the computer is compatible) so that you get the maximum bandwith
    Using the same one as well. Works fine for me.

Only thing i disliked is if my laptop goes to sleep it wont recognize my controllers when it wakes up and i have to replug them all in.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHawk View Post
    Only thing i disliked is if my laptop goes to sleep it wont recognize my controllers when it wakes up and i have to replug them all in.
    I use Caffeine to prevent my MBA from sleeping when running on battery. It adds an icon to the toolbar which you can simply click to activate (or deactivate).

Tech Wizard

sorry for bumping an old thread...

im on the hunt for the crane 4 port usb hub. since its been discontinued. (anyone have one for sale, cheap?)
    i have an external HD, S4, F1 and soon to be X1.

as for the external HD, im looking to upgrade to a thunderbolt lacie 1tb, so that will clear up a port. the crane hub will use that port and be used for the F1 and X1 and leave me room to run the S4 directly into my MBP.

anyone had any issues with the unpowered crane 4 port hub? i like if for the fact that it clips onto the crane stand. the new HD im looking at is BUS powered so that clears up a power port & thats another reason i want an unpowered usb hub (eliminate the clutter)

anyone had problems running unpowered with an X1 or F1? i can't see that being a huge issue since the draw is very minimal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast