Behringer DJX700 effects button mod
    Tech Student

Default Behringer DJX700 effects button mod

Hi!

I'm considering a fix/mod for my djx700 mixer, but i lack the information to continue, so i hope someone here could help...

My effects on/off button broke the other day, so i decided that i would replace it with an arcade button.
    But the problem is, that the base of the button is too deep to fit on the board(second pic). Now i really don't want to use a spacer, because the button would stick out of the mixer too much, so i need to know if it is safe to make a hole in the mixer motherboard (the board pic with the white circle).

As far as i can see there are no other connections going trough the board on the spot i need to drill other than the led and the effect button itself...

You haven't included your pictures dude.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

sorry... here are the pics:

space between the motherboard and mixer face

button size

stock button placement

backside of stock button

It may well be a multilayer board.

There is at least the LED traces that run there and the hole would be very very close to the driver IC's of the led.

Take a good look at some of the POT's. If you add up the amount of ttracks you see on both sides, and they are less than the number of solder pads, it's a multilayer board. It's not an airtight way of determining it though.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

as boarderbas says, drilling into a PCB "can" be dangerous, as many manufacturers use multilayer boards.

why not find a place on the mixer top that has space and relocate it there ?

BTW there's a multitude of other styled buttons that could replace the broken one, an arcade button for this job is overkill, checkout eBay for non latching momentary switches http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Pcs-RED-Of...item460a6c75c8
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1