VCI-400 SE New Firmware mismatch!ERROR! no ACK still in bootloader mode! help!!!Pls!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_Boy87 View Post
    i cannot get it to bloody work.... close to taking a hammer to the f**king thing!!!!
    You still having problems?
    mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13", S4,VCI-400EG, F1 Rokit 5's

Tech Convert

I hope the other user replies, for I am having a similar problem--although may/may not be the exact issue.

My VCI 400 unit is not stuck in boot loader mode. It is unable to get into boot loader mode. The reason this all happened is, I attempted to upgrade to the recent Vestax 2x firmware, and it seemed to cause a conflict with the existing firmware. So now, I'm attempting to restore to factory settings, yet, I cannot get into boot loader mode in order to do this. I have contacted Vestax, DJTT, and Flashflooder, and await a response. If I find out a solution, I'll be sure to follow up to this thread.

When I press "get Version": there is no reply
    When I press "Start": ERROR ACK is not found

Vestax Support, Reset to Factory Default: http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=413
    DJTT Potential solution: http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...=48174&page=25
    Related Topic: https://techtools.zendesk.com/entrie...ootloader-Mode

Quickswitch.. What manufacturer laptop are you using?
    mid-2012 Macbook Pro 13", S4,VCI-400EG, F1 Rokit 5's

Tech Convert

My hardware conditions occurred with Mac OS, and (Toshiba) Win 7, and Win 8, using Traktor 2.6, with Flashflooder 2.5.1 mapping.

I thought I'd share what I experienced with other users... The reason I think I was unable to get into boot loader mode (instead of being locked within boot loader mode), was because the USB/Power lights did not behave as they normally would--indicating the boot mode is enabled.

After going through many re/installation procedures, I eventually got to a clean reinstall (including the Flashflooder goods). Yet I was only certain on a few attempts, if 'boot loader mode' was in fact enabled, because the of lights.

I later experienced what being locked in boot loader mode was, but I quickly recovered from it. So... there's 2 different problematic scenarios.

On other reinstall attempts, the firmware updater app would message, 'no reply', which also did not indicate 'boot loader mode' was actually on/off.

I researched through others' related issues. I didn't read a mention of the scenario, I've just described. I hope this information makes sense and helps. If I can help more, let me know. For now, I'm staying clear of any future firmware updates until further notice, or unless those updates come from Flashflooder.

For the record, I did not need to downgrade to the FW1 flashflooder ware, nor do a factory reset.

Back to normal operations.
    Last edited by quickswitch; 02-18-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: minor changes, clarification

Default Thanks so much for posting this I never would have figured this out!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I had the same problem "ERROR!! ACK is not found". Unfortunately, doing the factory reset on MacOSX and installing the standalone mixer firmware did not fix my VCI. It's still stuck in bootloader mode! Can you explain more clearly how you were able to do the DJTT v2 update at the end of the standalone mixer update?
    Totally bailed me out thanks for saving the day man!

Same problem Stuck on the bootloader mode.. Any exit from this?
    22563468_10155027384250959_2090460701_o (2).jpgVLoser2.JPGVLoser1.JPG
    Plss help guys..

I was able to find this. Hope it helps.
    A.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Technics SL1200, 1 Technics SL1210, Denon DN-X1700, Traktor Kontrol X1, TSP 2.11.2
    Soundcloud Mixcloud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12