My First Track!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Track!

Default My First Track!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my first track I ever created. Hope you guys enjoy it, and all feedback is welcome - positive & criticism. I definitely appreciate both, and if you criticize it please tell me how you think I could improve it!

Thanks!

Tech Guru

Im guessing this is some type of trance. I liked it

Overall, ok. The arpaggiated synth is a bit over cooked. But other than, not bad for a first track. The arpaggiated synth is a matter of taste too. There are hits out there where I think there is too much of that in the track.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Pretty god for a first song, really liked the melody, but you could work on the sounds a bit, they seem somewhat a bit noisy But yeah overall very nice, keep up the good work!
    My Latest Mix | https://soundcloud.com/limbou
    Be sure to follow me on Soundcloud I'll follow back!

Quote Originally Posted by enorjy View Post
    Im guessing this is some type of trance. I liked it
    Haha yeah I wanted it to be trance, but then I guess it's now progressive trance maybe? And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Overall, ok. The arpaggiated synth is a bit over cooked. But other than, not bad for a first track. The arpaggiated synth is a matter of taste too. There are hits out there where I think there is too much of that in the track.

scamo
    Ahh I gotcha, I was wondering what do you mean by the bolded part? And I definitely appreciate the feedback, once I understand that part i'll definitely try tweaking sounds here and there and hopefully you'll like the next one more! Thanks for the feedback scamo!

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    Pretty god for a first song, really liked the melody, but you could work on the sounds a bit, they seem somewhat a bit noisy But yeah overall very nice, keep up the good work!
    When you say noisy, do you mean overbearing on the ears? Could you please describe it a bit more? Should I have EQ'd out frequencies to make like the sounds more clear or something? And thank you so much for your feedback! Glad you enjoyed it!

Forget what I meant in that sentence. Just try to come up with more of a melody and use the arpeggios to enhance the melody.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Forget what I meant in that sentence. Just try to come up with more of a melody and use the arpeggios to enhance the melody.

scamo
    Ahh, perfect, I shall try my best to do that!

Thank You!

Overall, it's actually a pretty good jam for a first go. The break from 1:20-1:50 seems a little flat, maybe play with it a little to make it more dynamic. I dug the sound(s) you used for the build directly following that part.

Tech Mentor

not really my genre but it sounded pretty solid to me.
    the beginnig is a little harsh, a small intro is never wrong i guess.
    and the bulid-up starting at 1:50 has too much of this stereo-left-right-swapping-thingy ( i dont know what the technical term is but i guess you get what i mean) for my taste. not saying it shouldnt have any but the sound should never be completely on either side imo.
    otherwise good job, keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Day View Post
    Overall, it's actually a pretty good jam for a first go. The break from 1:20-1:50 seems a little flat, maybe play with it a little to make it more dynamic. I dug the sound(s) you used for the build directly following that part.
    Ahh, I agree completely. Do you have any suggestions to add dynamics? I mean I know i'll work on the levels maybe and bringing in sounds here and there, but any specific advice would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    not really my genre but it sounded pretty solid to me.
    the beginnig is a little harsh, a small intro is never wrong i guess.
    and the bulid-up starting at 1:50 has too much of this stereo-left-right-swapping-thingy ( i dont know what the technical term is but i guess you get what i mean) for my taste. not saying it shouldnt have any but the sound should never be completely on either side imo.
    otherwise good job, keep it up
    The intro do you think would be better without the build and just the regular drums going? As for the stereo moving from left to right (it's called panning ), the reason behind that was I was trying to give it like a feel of a tornado in a club. Like if you're standing in the middle of the dance floor the sound goes around and around in an increasing rate.

Thank you guys for your feedback!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast