drums with the right hand, piano with the left
    Tech Wizard

Question drums with the right hand, piano with the left

can you guys give me some critique on this?

i have been practicing for 4 months now to get my hands to do this proper.
    i haven't perfected it yet.. but i feel like i'm on to something.

it's a short video, can you guys give me some feedback?
    i.e., is my timing way off/on, etc..

Um, yeah. Timing is often off. It seems like you make very short pauses to think how the next part is supposed to go and that kills your rhythm. Your rhythm in general needs some work.

What you should try to do IMHO is put either the drums or the piano parts in more sequenced samples so you only have to play them on the one beat and they play on their own and then you can concentrate much better on the other instrument and do a better job at playing it. Here is a video of what I mean. You'll notice, some of the pads he plays have longer or looped samples and Justin then does a damn good job on finger drumming and then playing the bass.

Edit: And keep working at it. Practice makes perfect.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Um, yeah. Timing is often off. It seems like you make very short pauses to think how the next part is supposed to go and that kills your rhythm. Your rhythm in general needs some work.

What you should try to do IMHO is put either the drums or the piano parts in more sequenced samples so you only have to play them on the one beat and they play on their own and then you can concentrate much better on the other instrument and do a better job at playing it. Here is a video of what I mean. You'll notice, some of the pads he plays have longer or looped samples and Justin then does a damn good job on finger drumming and then playing the bass.

Edit: And keep working at it. Practice makes perfect.

scamo

thanks for the feedback ! i really appreciate your honesty.

what i'm going for is being able to keep a perfect rhythm with my right hand and then play piano with the left on the launch pad.

yes, you're right.. timing is off.

and i agree, using loops would be easier to free up my hands to do other things just like in the video...
    but i'm shooting for all freestyle, nothing recorded.. it's taken me sooo long to get this far, i appreciate the motivational words at the end man!

What you might want to try is to have a metronome or just light a 4/4 kick running in the background to try to learn to keep your rhythm.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.