Reccomend me a Coffin Case

Default Reccomend me a Coffin Case

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be upgrading my gear soon, and want to get a coffin case to keep it all in.

I need a coffin that will fit 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus & a DJM 900. I also need it to have wheels. I'm not interested in one with a laptop tray or anything like that.

I've had a look at several different kinds, and I'm stuck on which one to go for.

Keep in mind that I'm in the UK, and would prefer if I didn't have to import it.

Anyone got any recommendations ?
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Are you set on a coffin? They're extremely heavy and very difficult to transport in smaller cars... I tend to recommend broken down cases (one per item) whenever possible but if you're set on a coffin the two main choices are Odyssey or Road Ready... They're all mostly the same just choose the colour you want and features you want (cable management, laptop stand, wheels, etc).
    Last edited by omers; 11-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.

I have been using separate flight cases for the last year or so, and I am set on getting a coffin now. I like the idea of how easy setup can be as everything would already be wired into the coffin.

Transport shouldn't be an issue, even with the size of the coffin.

Odyssey is based in america so that's an issue for me as I'm located in the UK.

I have been unable to find a road ready case that is made for the djm 900 too.
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lucasmanning View Post
    I have been unable to find a road ready case that is made for the djm 900 too.

Is the 900 not a standard 12" mixer? (I have an 800 and most of the clubs here have a 2k so not familiar with the 900) If not, you could get a coffin with space for a 19" mixer and get mounting brackets for the DJM-900.

I believe the 900 is a bit bigger
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Tech Mentor

I had a coffin case for my 1210's and 10" mixer back in the day. Was handy and neat, but a right pain to move. It was really a 2 man lift due to the weight and size.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016