S2 and macbook lag issue

Default S2 and macbook lag issue

Hello everyone. Just got my S2 and have a problem with lag when I stop track 1 from playing, when track 2 is also playing. If I go to stop a track to load another the track that is playing lags or skips.

I have a Macbook 2.4ghz with 4GB ram

Latency is 256

Traktor Pro 2.6

All wifi off, and nothing running in background.

Any reason why this is doing what its doing? It's very frustrating. I have the X1 and do not have this issue with lag. I have the S2 plugged in and also the Macbook plugged in.

I appreciate any feedback.

Tech Mentor

What driver are you using>
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

The most recent S2 driver from the service center. I reset traktor and it seemed to help but when I restarted my computer it still hs the issue.

The only way I can get it working right for a short period of time is to run the set up wizard every time I start Traktor... WTF? Im about to send this back I have been using midi controllers for years and have never had so many issues. Anyone have any ideas?

Tech Mentor

Have you tried disabling multi-core support?
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

Might also try increasing your latency a bit.

I have tried all of that. Why would I have to redo the settings every time I turn the computer off? Also noticed I can not edit the s2 from controller edit? Lame!

I appreciate all the feedback

Tech Mentor

Sucks you are having issues... did you have these problems with 2.5.1? Might just revert to previous version if necessary.

I just got the S2 on Wed and was previously using the X1 just fine no issues with 2.5 may need to try and find a way to revert back to 2.5. It seems my issue with the skip only happens when my master is still the track I m trying to stop. When I change the master to the playing track it does not skip?????? My X1 never had a problem with that, is there a setting I can change for that?

Quote Originally Posted by depthrecordings View Post
    I just got the S2 on Wed and was previously using the X1 just fine no issues with 2.5 may need to try and find a way to revert back to 2.5. It seems my issue with the skip only happens when my master is still the track I m trying to stop. When I change the master to the playing track it does not skip?????? My X1 never had a problem with that, is there a setting I can change for that?
    I found a setting that makes the on air deck the master track. This seemed to fix the issue, as previously when I would bring a track out, it was still the master. When I would hit play or cue to stop playback of the master track, it would make the slave track skip back, when the button on the master track was pushed.

I hope no one else has to go through 4 days of playing with the settings to figure it out... LOL

Thanks again to everyone for your help!