Cannot Adjust Mixtrack Pro Sound Card Latency!

Default Cannot Adjust Mixtrack Pro Sound Card Latency!

Im in the process of recording my first mix in Trakor and am still a little unclear about the "audio device and built in soundcard" sections in Traktor. When i mix i usually set the mixtrack pro as audio device and the built in sound card and connect the mixtrack to my receiver, but this leaves me unable to adjust the sample rate. When i use ASIO4allv2 the main channel comes out of the speakers on my laptop instead of my surround sound system and i AM able to adjust sample rate. But regardless of the device set up i am unable to adjust the latency sliding bar under "sample rate". Im just trying to get the best quality recording for my mix, If any one could give me any type of advice or info about this section i would GREATLY appreciate it.

Choose the mixtrack as your audio device and click the "settings" tab beside it. The slider is just an indicator and cannot be adjusted as such. Make sure your output routings are corect for the mixtrack as well.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Crush View Post
    Im in the process of recording my first mix in Trakor and am still a little unclear about the "audio device and built in soundcard" sections in Traktor. When i mix i usually set the mixtrack pro as audio device and the built in sound card and connect the mixtrack to my receiver, but this leaves me unable to adjust the sample rate. When i use ASIO4allv2 the main channel comes out of the speakers on my laptop instead of my surround sound system and i AM able to adjust sample rate. But regardless of the device set up i am unable to adjust the latency sliding bar under "sample rate". Im just trying to get the best quality recording for my mix, If any one could give me any type of advice or info about this section i would GREATLY appreciate it.
    you have to adjust the asio latency out side of traktor with traktor not open. make sure its asio and it will save in traktor next time you load it.

audio device and built in soundcard should be the same unless you are using audio 8 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    you have to adjust the asio latency out side of traktor with traktor not open. make sure its asio and it will save in traktor next time you load it.
    this
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

When i try and adjust the sample rate and bit depth of my mixtrack pro through my control panel the icon is unclick able and stuck at 16bit, 44100Hz. Is there another way to adjust it?? And there is no settings tab that appears when i select mixtrack pro as audio device but is when i select ASIO as audio device

When i try and adjust the sample rate and bit depth of my mixtrack pro through my control panel the icon is unclick able and stuck at 16bit, 44100Hz. Is there another way to adjust it?? And there is no settings tab that appears when i select mixtrack pro as audio device but is when i select ASIO as audio device
    your using the asio4all drivers which means your on windows? open traktor go to configuration. select the asio4all sound card. don't close traktor. a green square should show up near your clock on your taskbar in windows. double clik that there you can adjust asio output and latency. after you adjust the settings. traktor will freeze and crash and you have to restart it. but when you do the new latency is there.

The only time i can't adjust the latency is when my soundcard on my controller is set to ASIO instead of WDM. So make sure it's in asio mode.
    Last edited by P4ULSON; 11-24-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Yes im using windows, after selecting asio as audio device, and opening up my asio menu through the green icon in my task bar. My mixtrackpros out put is active as well as VIA High Definition Audio's input and out put. But in traktor i am still unable to adjust the sample rate. Both VIA and Mixtrack are under "WDM Device List" in my green triangle ASIO settings window. Does this have something to do with it?

Yes im using windows, after selecting asio as audio device, and opening up my asio menu through the green icon in my task bar. My mixtrackpros out put is active as well as VIA High Definition Audio's input and out put. But in traktor i am still unable to adjust the sample rate. Both VIA and Mixtrack are under "WDM Device List" in my green triangle ASIO settings window. Does this have something to do with it?
    yes it has to be ASIO not WDM in the ASIO MENU there should be somewhere you can switch it. Then you can adjust the sample rate. you adjust it in the ASIO menu NOT Traktor.

just a fyi. Your sound card can run in 2 modes. ASIO and WDM. make sure it is set to Asio for what you are trying to do.

I dont see any way to switch between asio and wdm and couldnt find much when i searched how to. Is force wdm to 16 what you are referring to? i also have another question about recording in traktor. If i record something in traktor then import that recording back into traktor and rerecord on top of it to layer new sounds in to the original, does this lower sound quality??