Anybody managed to get a Z2 yet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anybody managed to get a Z2 yet?

I've been considering buying a Z2 to use as a 2-channel mixer at home (both for production and as part of a home modular setup with an X1 and two MIDI Fighters), but $800 is a lot to ask for a 2-channel mixer without built-in full effects control. It's been tough to dig up any strong opinions on the device, probably due to the high demand and (seemingly) low stock. Now that it's been out for a couple of weeks, has anyone managed to spend enough time with it to offer an opinion How is the build quality, how do the innofaders actually perform, how is the workflow while DJing, would it even be worth it as part of a setup without CD-Js or vinyl, etc.?

Thanks guys!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I got mine a couple days after release. Absolutely love it, faders are top notch and overall build quality seems to be fantastic.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I am tempted.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think the lack of people talking about the Z2 is a very good sign. I don't think stock has been an issue either, they're currently in stock in the DJTT store.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Love mine!
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Most people who have gotten their hands on one seem to love it, which is a very good sign. I'd prefer to control it with a couple of CD-Js and an X1, but I can't bring myself to drop the money on CD-Js (looking at Denon sc2900s) and the Z2 all at once. I'll probably pick a Z2 up and retire my S2 for a bit, a Z2 with an X1 and MF3D should be more than sufficient for now.

I absolutely love my Z2. It's been the perfect answer to my style of dj'ing :-) It's all I use to control all of Traktor!

All I can say about the Z2 is that it just seems to make my workflow make more sense, while allowing for future expansion (a la CDJ or vinyl). And the faders are awesome.

So far i Love the quality of the mixer, feels really solid. But! i am having some problems. there are a few times when i hook up my Z2 to my mac it sometimes not recognized and when it is recognized, it wont pick up on my TTs... im new to Traktor and have mixed feelings about it... i kinda Really want to midi map the Z2 to SSL (serato). i have tryed to do this with the "controller edit" program that Traktor comes with but no luck on getting it to map..... has any one been able to map it to SSL (serato)??? if so how?

Thanks!

I am coming from just using cdjs with no laptop. I wanted to add some new life to my djing. purchased a z2 from the djtt's store to start using traktor and remix decks. there was obviously a bit of a transitional phase but am now very happy with this mixer. the amount of creativity it allows you to create with traktor along with its solid build and layout is incredible. i will always have my cdj/djm setup available to me, but the z2 is definitely a new amazing output for creativity.
    2 CDJ 2000nxs - DJM 900 - M-Audio BX8A Monitors - KRK Rokit 5s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast