vinyl storage- front facing storage?

Default vinyl storage- front facing storage?

hola djtt,

i currently use an expedite shelf to store my vinyl collection, but i am interested in getting something that will allow me to store my records in a front facing manner. this would allow me to easily flip through my collection which means i'd actually listen to them more lol. anyone know where i can get something like this?

How many records?

Mine live in an Expedit now too, and it's annoying as hell to flip through. I also don't live with them at the moment, otherwise I would have solved the problem by going back to milk-crate style boxes that are actually the right size.

I will have to take a pic when I'm home, but I have a "studio" made of expedit furniture. I have a 2x4 set up the way its designed, and then I took another 2x4 and turned it into a 1x4 and put it on top of the 2x4 on its side. The extra pieces have been cut to raise up the inside, and my records can be flipped through properly.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    I will have to take a pic when I'm home, but I have a "studio" made of expedit furniture. I have a 2x4 set up the way its designed, and then I took another 2x4 and turned it into a 1x4 and put it on top of the 2x4 on its side. The extra pieces have been cut to raise up the inside, and my records can be flipped through properly.

Awesome idea!!
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

i have around 200-210 records at the moment but i buy them pretty regularly now. probably two per week, so my collection is growing.

I'm interested in a pic of your setup!

Depends on the size of your space of course but for that size a collection a couple milk crates will do. Or do like I do and make a pile on the floor with the records leaning against a wall; no box needed
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan