Faxing Burbank - Original Progressive Track

Default Faxing Burbank - Original Progressive Track

Basic composition still..

I thought it was a neat track, I am not a producer so likely my opinion or advice on that would be less than useful, but I did get a feeling that track sounded a little flat. Don't get me wrong, it's mastered well, I had no issues with things being to quiet or something piercing my ear too much, maybe I just wish it was more groovy (but I always pay extra attention to drums/percussion).

But I enjoyed it and it definitely sounds like close to professional work and I am sure with some tweaking it'll come even more alive. Good job.

Thanks monogammee. Ill see what I can do to fire up the groove machine with this one. As someone who's into percussion, any specific ideas or general ways to improve the drums?

I tend to be more comfortable with the chords and progressions, so any pointers on the drums side would be appreciated.

Tech Wizard

What I do when I run out of ideas is get the snare or hi-hat and make it hit every 16th note, then delete randomly some of the hits, you can end up with interesting rhythmical patterns out of nowhere that end up acompanying the track it self as one more instrument

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Day View Post
    As someone who's into percussion, any specific ideas or general ways to improve the drums?
    I am afraid I can't be much of help here as I don't write music, but I can be more specific about what I thought might make the track punchier (the hi hat comment before me didn't even dawn upon me, now that I read about it, it could definitely add a cool shuffle to it). I think I felt a lack of energy in the kicks. Doing a quick Google search brings up quite a bit of information on making you kicks punchier and the first hit on "music production make your drums stand out" seem to bring some good suggestions. I have a feeling djtt has some helpful threads on this as well. Good luck! Looking forward to more of your stuff!

Very cool. Thank you.