my vinyl collection - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Nice collection. Are you concerned with moisture getting into that bottom row? I would try to get them up on blocks.

Tech Convert

hey everyone...thanks for the responses...sorry i havent gotten back sooner...

so to answer some of the questions...yes...it is all organized...ive since bought plastic dividers for everything...the bulk of my collection is house, so thats all alphabetical by artist (PAINSTAKING PROCESS BTW)...then i have old school Freestyle music (dont know if some of you know what that is) again..i separated the genre, then alpha by artist....next section is hip hop / r&b...alpha by artist..next is scratch / battle records...alpha by artist...next is party breaks / remix services...alpha by company (av8, wicked mix, lethal weapon etc etc...) and finally full length LP's alpha by artist.

as for moisture, the room that the records are in is the room where we have our furnace, so it doesnt ever get too moist in there...im currently in the process of putting them in the plastic outer sleeves, so if there IS moisture, at least the jackets wont stick together...ive had that happen before and its a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Wayne View Post
    as for moisture, the room that the records are in is the room where we have our furnace, so it doesnt ever get too moist in there...im currently in the process of putting them in the plastic outer sleeves, so if there IS moisture, at least the jackets wont stick together...ive had that happen before and its a bummer.
    When I lived in the midwest I left town for a few days in the winter and came back to burst waterpipes, water damage to many of my possessions including hundreds of vinyl LPs. I salvaged most of the vinyl itself but the covers were mostly destroyed and not worth even trying to dry out. I had worked at a record store a couple years before that and I remembered a big box of blank white record covers under a bin so I went back there and talked the owner into giving me the blank covers. Threw a party and passed around colored markers and blank covers and people drew record covers for a bunch of my records. So now I have a ton of unique record covers with crazy drawings and jokes written on them; the monetary value of any of the records is gone (assuming they were worth anything to begin with) but I kind of love having such a unique set of record covers.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12