Problems with adding the Classic Midi-Fighter map

Default Problems with adding the Classic Midi-Fighter map

Hi
    I know there is probably a post somewhere on here that would help me, but I can't seem to find it.
    I finally got round to sorting out my Midi-Fighter on Saturday and went to the Midi-Fighter page to down load the 'Instant Gratification' map. I have a good friend that has been using the MF for a while now so he informed me about setting the 4 banks mode and adding the map twice and stuff. Anyway When I had this set up and had restarted everything, none of the effects seem to be what they should be. Like the delay/freeze for example wasn't there When I pressed the button that should of been that if was some strange sounding effect. I am sure that it is not to do with the hardware, more to do with either the map or the installation of.
    One thing that worried me the most was when I added that map, Traktor slowed down to a snail's pace. I am running Traktor on my brand new MacBook Pro i5, 8GB Ram & 750 GB HD, so I really can't understand how this would slow it down to that degree. Does anyone have any ideas or could they give me any suggestions?

many thanks in advance.

Stuart-J
    REMEBER CHILDREN, MUSIC IS FUN!

Tech Convert

Stuart,

Welcome to the Midi Fighter owners' club! I just got my classic not even a week ago and I've been loving it. I had a similar issue to yours and I hope my fix works for you.

Once you have imported the mapping, you're not out of the woods yet.

In the "Controller Manager" section of traktor options, at the top, there should be a little drop down marked with "Device". Click it and find the Midi Fighter, and select it (most cases, you'll only be concerned with the first Midi Fighter in that list). Once you have it selected, make sure that the Midi Fighter is selected in BOTH the "In-Port" & "Out-Port" drop downs just to the right of the "Device" drop down. Close the options.

You should now be all set to jam!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nizobe View Post
    Stuart,

Welcome to the Midi Fighter owners' club! I just got my classic not even a week ago and I've been loving it. I had a similar issue to yours and I hope my fix works for you.

Once you have imported the mapping, you're not out of the woods yet.

In the "Controller Manager" section of traktor options, at the top, there should be a little drop down marked with "Device". Click it and find the Midi Fighter, and select it (most cases, you'll only be concerned with the first Midi Fighter in that list). Once you have it selected, make sure that the Midi Fighter is selected in BOTH the "In-Port" & "Out-Port" drop downs just to the right of the "Device" drop down. Close the options.

You should now be all set to jam!
    I have the same problem... i just got new traktor 2.5 and tried hooking up my classic... followed these exact same steps excepet... nothing is working at all... i have updated my firmware... made sure i was in the right mode in the utility... stilll... nothing....

Tech Convert

Hmm... that's a bummer.

Can you walk me through everything you did to get the MF connected & setup w/Traktor?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey guys,

While importing, make sure the 'effect settings' is check so it can be imported along with controller mapping. If that doesn't it you'll pretty much have to dig into assignment table and re-assign all effects to corresponding buttons.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Nizobe View Post
    Hmm... that's a bummer.

Can you walk me through everything you did to get the MF connected & setup w/Traktor?

the first thing i did was made sure my firmware was up to date. made sure it was set to traktor and the right mode.
    then i went into traktor and in the preferences i imported the mapping. selected the device. in the in port and out port i selected midi fighter classic. i imported it twice even... just to make sure like they say in all the videos. hit close... you would think all that shouldve worked... but nope... nothing works.... i even tried using old traktor pro... still nothing is working...

Tech Wizard

to stewe: thank you very much. I will give it a try... but I would still like to see why this is happening.... because I am thinking that I will be making my own mapping in the future with other devices and if it would happen again.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hey guys,

While importing, make sure the 'effect settings' is check so it can be imported along with controller mapping. If that doesn't it you'll pretty much have to dig into assignment table and re-assign all effects to corresponding buttons.
    I just tried this and my problem with this is... i don't want to mess up how it was originally... i want the mapping to remain the same.... while I can kinda tell what button goes where.... there are so many chains and affects going to one button which is the beauty of this awesome mapping! while I do wanna work on my own mapping... i want the satisfaction of knowing how this software works and why things change when they do... this is really frustrating. I seriously wanna chuck my computer out the window... but if i did that my girlfriend would probably get really scared.
    Last edited by DJ Nissar; 12-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.