[HELP!] DJ Name
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [HELP!] DJ Name

Default [HELP!] DJ Name

Hello everyone! I'm new to this whole scene, just got my Traktor Kontrol S4 and have been spending all my time on it. I am more than ready to be a DJ and i know it will take a long time before i can call myself a "real DJ" but i believe in myself ! I have already faced the problem (which i'm sure all of you also had) about the name i'm gonna go as.

Should it be my real name? My first name? My dogs name?
    I can't decide... and i have asked everyone i know and they can't give me a straight answer either...

So this is why i come to ask you guys First i should say a little about myself..

My real name is Anton Sherar. I'm 16 (startin out young! ). I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark.
    I love listening to and playing different genres. But mostly oldschool and underground hiphop, electronic, lounge, funk & disco. You could say i play anything but the mainstream pop music (no disrespect!). I love candy, food and dogs.

Don't know what more to say... i would really appreciate if you guys could help me think of a name that doesn't sound generic or corny, but still is original. Thanks in advance

All i can say is using the search feautre on this one would probably provide better results.. This thread gets posted several times a day.

These are my favorite threads, so let's get this started boys.

Dr heathcliff huxtable
    Candy, food and dogs (cfg)
    Lil ruxpin
    The purple traitor
    Pound cake
    samsquamch
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    These are my favorite threads, so let's get this started boys.

Dr heathcliff huxtable
    Candy, food and dogs (cfg)
    Lil ruxpin
    The purple traitor
    Pound cake
    samsquamch
    Please keep it serious, but thanks for giving me some names

Tech Wizard

I think you are over thinking the whole naming process. Your name shouldn't be so forced. Take some time to reflect on it, let it come naturally through time. Your name should be revealing about you and your style to a certain degree. Your name becomes your second personality essentially.

As for a couple of tips, if you plan to take the whole DJ thing to the next level, I suggest selecting a more mature name. DJ Funkdizzle or DJ Peanut Butter doesn't necessarily ring "mature" in my mind. Go for something timeless.

Not sure what other advice to give you. Your name has to come from you and only you. No one else can give you the answer to that question.

Also, props to you for your confidence. I wish you much luck!

I'm already "Li'l Ruxpin"...so scratch that one off your list immediately...

Anton Sherar is a cool ass name by itself...i go by my real first name and the first part of my last name...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by Numbox View Post
    Please keep it serious, but thanks for giving me some names
    sorry man, i just can't squash my strong desire to come up with ridiculous dj names when i see these threads pops up. i think cabullis is right though. picking a name is something that you should come up with on your own, and when you find the right one you will know it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I'm already "Li'l Ruxpin"...so scratch that one off your list immediately...

Anton Sherar is a cool ass name by itself...i go by my real first name and the first part of my last name...
    tell that to the trademark i have. all these names are just a scheme to get people to use one...then i run up and sue the pants off of them. the last name someone took i scored 17 pants...payday!

i do agree with keith about your real name. it's actually a pretty cool name so maybe go by that (or a variation) unless you can come up with a name that sounds better to you.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

your real name is fine or even just "sherar"

Tech Mentor

Try an anagram of your actual name, or a different spelling of you name. I go by the name, Jay Vacaro. Jay is a nickname I got when I was 14, and Vacaro is an alternate version of my last name. Just search google for an alternate version of you last name, you might be surprised.

Peado McGee
    Daddy Issues
    Balls2Chin

Any good? If not, ive got a few others up my sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Yeah I really regret getting 1200s; they're obsolete.
    --said no one ever

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast