How many genres do you mix/stay on top of?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How many genres do you mix/stay on top of?

For me, I feel like it's getting a bit out of control, but I also never get bored and go through different spurts of specific genres and sounds. Not sure how good an idea this is but I always feel like I have infinite digging to do - sometimes get TAS (tune acquisition - lol)

The list is sort of like:

My 130-140 bass stuff (Dubstep/future garage/bass music)
    Indie Dance Electro (Alex Metric/Justice type things)
    Electro House
    Anything sort of "Jump Up", which for me includes stuff like Moombahton, Jump up dubstep, glitch hop, bassline house
    Instrumental Hip Hop (Varies from Boards of Canada to stuff more like Flying Lotus)
    Breaks, in a few different subgenres - more recently some Progressive Breaks
    Disco House/Funky Deep House/Funk

Luckily I organize like a madman. Do you try to focus on a certain sound? I feel like there are specific sounds I am after, just in quite a few different categories that might not crossover so well.

Tech House and Techno
    Electrohouse and Progressive House
    Occasionally some Trap or Moombahton

It's so hard to stay on top of things when you have stuff to do.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Progressive/Psy Trance, Electro/Progressive House, Breaks and some D&B. More than enough to keep me busy crate digging.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

yeah, i go through various moods and phases. the last one was dubstep/drumstep/dnb, but now i don't even want to hear any of those sounds so i went back to my first love of house. currently spinning mostly deep house (funky, bass, tech, prog, and tribal) and a little nu disco.

i'll spin a lot of genres over a long period of time, but my sets usually focus on similar sounds even if it combines genres. i've done lounge/downtempo/hip hop, world music, breaks, all types of house (prog/electro/funky/tribal/tech/swing), and i've even gotten some rock rolled in there. i'm still interested in glitch hop and downtempo sounds so i'll probably give that a go sometime in the near future.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Electro house, fidget, dutch house, with a little french house in there, dnb, some midtempo dub/ moombahcore with some glitch hop ju
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

I tend to follow artists/labels etc these days and work through suggestions from there, genres are turning into too much of a grey area and most online sites suck at defining them.

That said if I HAD to clarify.. I'm drawn to words like tech/deep/house/techno/bass/indie.....

I am looking for "that sound". Some times it gets labeled as techno, tech house, deep house, house, minimal, tribal. It's hard enough to find "that sound" I don't think I have the time, energy or money to dig and buy in completely different genres.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

For me I keep it to techno, tech house and a little bit of funky house. I find it hard enough to know what I have within the genres i play, let alone delve into new directions
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Tech Guru

Techno/Minimal/Deep House/Tech House/Funk/House/Garage/Electronica

I don't really dig by genre but most of the stuff I pick would probably fall under those

I follow good music, what other genre does one need to follow?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast