Hey guys

Thread: Hey guys

Default Hey guys

New to this forum and want to start creating my own music. Ill be going to school for music production in june but i want to get a head start on this. The type of music i want to make is dubstep. What kind of programs/instruments should i get? Thanks guys!

Google. Use it.

there are many types of software, for example:
    Ableton, Reaktor, Maschine, Logic, Reason.

Hardware:
    I would buy an Maschine or an APC40 (or an push but it isn't out yet)
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I would recommend Ableton for you as it seems to be the majority choice around here.

Look on youtube for basic tutorials and synthesis.

Ableton mate and then get Massive as your synth plug-in, it's a good start, it's what I've done, I produce dubstep styled stuff and it works a treat.

I think Ableton and Logic seem to me to be the most popular digital audio workstations (DAW). Massive has been identified by many a credible source to be the sound of Dubstep. That synth is amazing and I hope Santa brings it to me.

I was thinking you may want a piece of hardware to control your DAW or Software synthesizers like Akai MPD32 or Akai APC40 or Novation Launchpad, if you decide on ableton. The other piece of hardware would be a decent midi keyboard with knobs and sliders galore, perhaps the MPK49 ? I sound like an Akai fanboy.
    http://soundcloud.com/razzlesnaz
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Razzlesnaz/
    http://mixlr.com/razzlesnaz/
    Ableton Suite 8.3/Reason 5/ Sub Boom Bass /Massive/Razor/DCAM Synth Squad/ Akai MPD26/ Novation LaunchPad/Traktor 2.5/Kontrol S2/Kontrol S4/ Kontrol F1/Radium Keyboard/Focusrite Saffire 6/UC-33e

Buy a couple Moog synths off ebay, and lock yourself in a room for 3 months. Youll be like deadmau5 in no time.

Dont waste mommy and daddys money because you want to make music. If youre truly passionate you wont even need "school for music production"

Quote Originally Posted by ST4R View Post
    Buy a couple Moog synths off ebay, and lock yourself in a room for 3 months. Youll be like deadmau5 in no time.

Dont waste mommy and daddys money because you want to make music. If youre truly passionate you wont even need "school for music production"
    My new favourite member!