CDJ users how do you organize your USB music?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CDJ users how do you organize your USB music?

Hey Guys,

So I recently made the switch from an S4 to CDJ's and everything's great, but I am just curious. How do you guys organize your music on your USBs to make it easier to find tracks? Do you just make certain playlists for certain gigs? Organize em by genre? I'm asking bout how it is on your flash drive.

Also for those of you operating with older CDJ's do you use any tricks or anything to make sure you haven't played a song already? I operate on CDJ 850's and I know it shows a check by the name of the track that you played but it only shows them on the individual player you played it on, and especially for longer sets you may run the risk (or maybe i'm the only one who feels that way?) of playing a track more than once during a set?

Thanks!

Anyoneeee?

I analyze everything through rekordbox.

usually i make playlists in itunes then i export them to rekordbox and then I put them on a thumbdrive.

I have mostly genre based playlists and I try to comment my tracks as thoroughly as possible.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

On the 850s it's all about Rekordbox

As full~ said.

But rekordbox is a must, i dont know how the files looks like if i would pull a rekordbox usb stick on a denon player but i guess i never will do that.
    if the player doesnt have rekordbox it doesnt have usb (pioneer) so then its cd wallet anyways!

Ahh sorry I meant as in using Rekordbox what do you usually do? Do you do it like Fullenglish's genre based? How do you organize it to make finding a track as easy as possible? Cause I have recently started mixing in key and browsing by key makes my life hell when working in a specific genre. Come to think of it now as I am typing this I may try to start adding a playlist with genre and key!

I don't know if the 850s support the rekordbox key tag yet, but on the 2000NXS you can sort by key within your playlist. I have camelot keys from MIK saved to comments so I sort by comment.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I don't know if the 850s support the rekordbox key tag yet, but on the 2000NXS you can sort by key within your playlist. I have camelot keys from MIK saved to comments so I sort by comment.
    Yeah you can use the "Key" tag on the 850's!

ah allrite, i make playlist based on genre for most of the time and i also have special playlists with "most recents" which i later on edit and put them in right genre when their not so recent anymore.

I also tend to make some playlists based on what time it is in the club, like "warm-up, early, lounge, peak time etc"

Have not really tried out the key feature yet, too lazy, but im sure its a great tool when you get used to it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast