Headphones: ATH-M50 vs VMODA LP
    Tech Convert

Default Headphones: ATH-M50 vs VMODA LP

I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones (Just starting out DJing - gigging once or twice a month), and am having a hard time making a decision:

Amazon HAD (waited and the price went up) a good deal on the Audio Technica M50's ($105 - now $125 - still not bad), and is selling the VMODA LPs today for $75.

The M50's appear to be amazing headphones, but now they're twice as much as other options. Where DJing is still more of a hobby than anything, I'm pretty price-sensitive.

So my question: should I still get the AT's despite the extra cost, or would the VMODA's be "good enough" for me? Are there any others I should consider? I play EDM almost all the time, but "versatility" in my headphones is always nice.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

I have no experience with Vmoda but i have ATHM50s and i love them. They are technically a studio monitoring headphone vs a DJing headphone, which i had purchased for production but they serve well for both. Great sound quality especially for production value. Learned how shitty my kicks sounded the second i plugged them in. i grabbed a set when amazon had em at 103 plus 2 day shipping with the prime account.

+1 in my book.

Tech Mentor

I've had the V-Moda LPs for a bit, and I'm very very surprised by the build quality and the sound. I love them, they are so comfortable, and they sound amazing. I did a bit of reading on them like reading the reviews on amazon which are usually pretty spot on, and on other sites. Can't go wrong with them for 75$ on amazon!

are you talking about the crossfade lp's?

Tech Wizard

The ATH-M50 is avail at b&h photo video for $107.. guitar center will match it in store + additional 10% of the difference which about covers the tax and viola immediately in hand

crossfade lps for the win!