Kontrol F1 only for one deck?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kontrol F1 only for one deck?

Quick question and this would be for someone using the Kontrol F1

On the NI website comparison chart it says
    Traktor Kontrol F1-
    Slim controller, perfect control for one of TRAKTOR's Remix Decks™

But in one of their videos if i remember correctly, it shows that you can tell F1 on the fly
    which remix deck to control between all 4 of them

or am i missing something?

i don't use an f1 but i'm pretty sure you can use it to switch between different remix decks, you just wouldn't be able to control 2 full remix decks at the same time. so it is perfect to control one remix deck, less than perfect to control more than one.

actually, confirmed and here's the faq on the f1 page:

Q: "Can I control two Remix Decks with only one F1 - and if yes, how?"

A: You cannot control two Remix Decks with one F1 simultaneously but you can quickly switch the F1 between two or more Remix Decks on the fly. Just hold the SHIFT button on the F1 and rotate the encoder — only decks currently configured as Remix Decks can be controlled with F1.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

As long as you have the deck flavor set to a remix deck you can choose it via the F1. I think the wording is NI marketing pushing units.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

ok then that kinda answers my question ( i say kinda because i dont have the unit here yet but its on its way)

Here is the senerio i am going for

I notice in the tutorial and over view videos for the F1 that you can scratch your sample using the DECK A jog wheel
    Im guessing this is because Deck A has been assigned as a REMIX Deck? _________ <--------

Now if i only have ONE F1
    can i assign Deck A as well as Deck B a remix dj just so i can scratch a playing sample using either deck?
    and then...... what of C and D ?

otherwise
    i would call Deck A and B just normal decks

i would then assign C and D as remix decks and shift / scratch / adjust using the functions there on Kontrol S4

ok i hope that wasnt confusing

Also i hope i just purchased something that is going to work the way i need it to lol

Thanks for the answers so far though

Lets say you have deck C D set as remix decks. then all you need to do is press shift and turn the browser(Page) Knob to switch between deck C D.
    So it is in a way not that hard to controll like 2 remix decks at once just just can start sample on bouth decks at the same time.
    Exsample you have one deck with one row being drums , bass, cords, synth line then the other deck has vocel samples and other fills, you could run 8 samples at once no problem. Want to change the drum patern or bass press shift turn knob change sample then shift + turn knob and you back in the other deck.

edit. we posted at same time.
    Yes you can use all 4 decks as remix decks and play 16 samples/loops at the same time
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

you can assign any of the decks as remix decks, but the unit itself can only control 1 of them, but that does not mean you can't switch decks while a sample is playing. you can play samples in deck b, but switch to deck a while the samples are still playing on deck a
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Mentor

you can go between any deck.

I use 1 F1 and go between 2 decks ( C and D). all you do is press shift and turn encoder and it jumps to an open remix deck depending which way you turn. Could control 4 if you want. you just wont have control of volume/start/stop of any other deck running if you jump to a different deck to fire clips.

ok boys i think i got it all now.
    I completely understand

i guess the only way ill fully be able to control the samples playing in the sample decks vs the tracks playing in the regular decks is to have something with additional (play, stop, pause, jog wheel) buttons / wheels

In that case.... i do have two other midi devices here already, which have jog wheels, play, stop, and so on.

Ill have to see if i can build a custom map for them tied into:

Kontrol S4
    (1) F1
    Midifighter 3D

Lets see what happens. Ill post here if i have anything positive with it but it might take some time.

If you switch to midi mode you can control the decks as well. So, technically you can switch between 4 remix decks (Remix Mode) and 2 Track decks (Midi mode).

Josie
    you lost me on that one. Maybe because i might not be using it that way.
    but never the less.... it will sink in once i get it all hooked up for a few days

To bad i have a live broadcast to do only 3 days after getting the delivery lol

Actually i wont have the F1 this week
    Ill only have the Fighter and the KS4
    The F1 should be arriving next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast