My New S2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New S2

Tech Wizard

Default My New S2

Hey guys,
    I guess now I am one step further to being a DJ. Yesterday night I bought an S2 because I wanted the S4 but was like "Hey although I know most of traktor, there is still a lot I can learn" and "Hardware will open doors" and finally "I can always upgrade later". I think this was a pretty good decision. And being that I am 14 and asking my parents if they can spend lots of money for me to "mix some shit" the S2 was the more acceptable choice. I ordered the S2 with the green caps and of course I had to buy the Beatport Edition TMA-1 aiaiai headphones with the GREEN cables. I really like to mix EDM music and I just LOVE music in general. I still have a bit of money left in christmas and I was wondering what I should pick up while I have the chance? My birthday is also in a few weeks so I can get something then too! I am looking forward to seeing and hopefully buying a "new" midifighter when it is announced. So if anyone has the S2 or the S4 just tell me what else I should buy, even if you don't have the S2 or S4 actually!

So here is my setup now/shipping
    Kontrol S2
    Abelton Launchpad
    AIAIAI TMA-1 Beatport Edition headphones

I think I just got everything out I wanted to!

Id say an x1. But also think before you buy, I bought before my time and ended up losing money because i found out i didnt have use for what i bought. Think it over and think hard and check reviews and stuff. But id say an x1 because it would free up some space. give you access to 8 hotcues, has tempo nudge, extra knobs that you could map out. I have one and its a great controler.

Also check out the mappings for that launchpad, im pretty sure there is one that is like a midi fighter mapping.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

i wouldnt buy anything yet. play with what you have and see what would benefit you the most once you start hitting walls with your current gear. i know it's tough to curb the gear lust...i've been fighting it for years.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Learn your current minimal setup, practice, practice, practice, figure out your workflow, your likes and dislikes, and what you want out of an additional controller. Save your money now so you can buy better gear that's more suitable for your style later.

I'm sure your parents will appreciate it too, and would be willing to spend more money on you when they see how much you've improved and have a better idea of what new gear you want.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

Quote Originally Posted by dubyou View Post
    Id say an x1. But also think before you buy, I bought before my time and ended up losing money because i found out i didnt have use for what i bought. Think it over and think hard and check reviews and stuff. But id say an x1 because it would free up some space. give you access to 8 hotcues, has tempo nudge, extra knobs that you could map out. I have one and its a great controler.

Also check out the mappings for that launchpad, im pretty sure there is one that is like a midi fighter mapping.
    I would say even the X1 is not needed yet. Effects can be controlled on the S2's knobs, and the Launchpad has 80 buttons to map to whatever additional functions you want.
    Check out my Youtube channel for controllerism routines, mashups, tutorials, etc. using Midi Fighters and other tasty gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterrobots

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    So here is my setup now/shipping
    Kontrol S2
    Abelton Launchpad
    AIAIAI TMA-1 Beatport Edition headphones

I think I just got everything out I wanted to!
    Oh no . If you can, return those headphones and buy yourself a good pair. I had TMA's, and compaired to the Beats Pro, HDJ-2000's, and ugh can't remember the other pair - they're by far the worst. Look cool, but not impressed at ALL with their sound. Hell even they are re-releasing a new version of those TMA's I believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Oh no . If you can, return those headphones and buy yourself a good pair. I had TMA's, and compaired to the Beats Pro, HDJ-2000's, and ugh can't remember the other pair - they're by far the worst. Look cool, but not impressed at ALL with their sound. Hell even they are re-releasing a new version of those TMA's I believe!
    Really? I love TMA's. Sure they don't have the ridiculous over hyped bass of Beats, but you don't need/want that.

Tech Wizard

Ok what should I buy? @ ColdFuzion

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Really? I love TMA's. Sure they don't have the ridiculous over hyped bass of Beats, but you don't need/want that.
    I use the beats just to listen to hip hop not spin out. Jus giving my honest opinion, I got them and could not wait to sell them / get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoesterey View Post
    Ok what should I buy? @ ColdFuzion
    HDJ-2000's hands DOWN. Amazing build quality (things are like tanks) & great sound. Just buy them from Amazon and you'll get them for like $210 now which is awesome. I bought my TMA's for $125 brand new and still regretted it even though I rarely used them or rarely had to use them since I had a plethora of headphones.

To be honest dude I'd make the call myself, different people like different headphones. Buy what you like. Not what others tell you.

If you like the TMA's keep em, if you prefer the Pioneers get them... I've got HD25s/HDJ1000s/TMAs... I personally use my TMA's more then anything these days. I love the feel and fit... Sound is just one part of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast