Help me out guys, looking to upgrade to my controller!
    Tech Convert

Default Help me out guys, looking to upgrade to my controller!

Hey what up guys, I have a VCI-300 right now but I feel really limited with the things i can do and the quality of mixing that I can perform.

Just a few thing about me as a DJ:
    - never use the jog wheels (i dont scratch)
    - not too big into effects
    - integrated audio interface is a must!!!!!
    - familiar with serato but not opposed to switching to traktor
    - looking to use this rig in a club setting
    - not looking to spend more than $800,
    - really open to anything (stand alone mixers or controllers).. im not really knowledgeable on the tech side of this dj stuff so I trust you guys know what you're talking about!

guys if you could give me some suggestions that would be unreal. im in desperate need of a new controller/mixer... thanks in advance!

Tech Convert

maybe you should look in the semi pros controllers from pioneer or numark, I've tried both the ddj s1 from pioneer and the NS6 for numark, and they are great (I would advise you to take the pioneer if you don't mind the jog, and having only two decks). I'm not sure of the prices in US but in france they kinda fit in your budget... Otherwise you could check out the ddj T1 (also from pioneer) wich is close from the S1, but made for traktor, with four decks, and, I think, this one is a bit cheaper...

hope it helped, don't hesitate if you have some more questions

Tech Mentor

Without jogs or effects, what more do you need than the eq, volume, and transport controls that the VCI-300 already offers? If you're planning on using this system in a club setting, perhaps consider getting a timecode system that you can use with the house mixer. The Xone K2 has an integrated variable "shift button" system for controls on top of controls, and could be midi mapped as a super compact four channel controller(sans crossfader). It also has an integrated sound card, but it might only have one output? I think it might just be worth it for you to get a sound card and work with the VCI-300!
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Hey what up guys, I have a VCI-300 right now but I feel really limited with the things i can do and the quality of mixing that I can perform.
    Without jogs or effects, what more do you need than the eq, volume, and transport controls that the VCI-300 already offers? If you're planning on using this system in a club setting, perhaps consider getting a timecode system that you can use with the house mixer.
    The gear you have IMHO has no bearing on the quality of mixing you can perform, especially seeing as you have just knocked 2 of the biggest "selling points" off the list, scratching/Jogs and Effects - the VCI 300 is a solid controller and very capable.

SO What is your end goal as a DJ, what do you consider limited, what do you consider "Good", and how do you want to perform live,e.g. Live Mashups, Long fluid seamless mixes or full on live sets with your own samples ?

Answer this and you will get much more sound advise around here, without it we're shooting in the dark.

- really open to anything (stand alone mixers or controllers).. im not really knowledgeable on the tech side of this dj stuff so I trust you guys know what you're talking about!
    This bit is a bit worrying - are you familiar with mapping or do you want/need a plug and play controller with zero configuration ?

@adrienn
    He Doesn't use/want Jogwheels at all

In other news: I'd say the DJM-T1 is a serious mixer/controller for very little money ($699 including Scratch Duo - which can be upgraded free!).

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pioneer-...09-i1912660.gc

In other news: I'd say the DJM-T1 is a serious mixer/controller for very little money ($699 including Scratch Duo - which can be upgraded free!).

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pioneer-...09-i1912660.gc[/QUOTE]

Yeah nice call, Im having similar thoughts as you, I want more traditional mixing with less "instant gratification". For that reason, after looking into it a bit im going to move to an x1, z2 (or djmt1), f1 (or a second x1) setup. Im still looking into it a bit to see EXACTLY what will fit my needs and dont plan making the switch for another month or two, but I just thought it was worth sharing with you.

And I still want to use traktor. I just love the orginization aspect of it.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Convert

appreciate the help Culture-Shock and everyone else!