Presonus Firebox Output Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Presonus Firebox Output Question

Ok Ok, So I am hooking my Firebox up to some RCA cables. I am hooking up a stereo to it so i can just play out.

Question is.

do i need to fill 2 of the output slots for stereo sound (does traktor allow this) OR can I just use a 1/4" adaptor with 2 RCA outputs like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Twin-2X-RCA-fema...QQcmdZViewItem

ya, that adapter would work fine.

will it output at Stereo or Mono?

For PA speakers, I would need two 1/4" filled for stereo sound So i am guessing its the same with other stuff. I would need to fill two of the 1/4" outputs. correct?
    Last edited by jaycee8980; 07-23-2008 at 05:21 PM.

That would output it in mono. Presonus outputs on the back are all mono. The headphone jack (Channels 1 and 2) on the front are stereo

Traktor can output mono on 1 track if you only select one (the left channel)

Just so you know 1/4th jacks come in MONO and Stereo. 1 black stripe is mono 2 is stero. RCAs are 1 channle. You can get a custom plug such as a stereo 1/4th to 2 rcas.

What are you trying to do, ill probably able to help you cause if you have ever seen my set ups youd understand lol.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

I am trying to hook up a set of logitech z2300's. It has a male headphone jack on it. So i would need to go female to RCA. I have 2 1/4" TRS jacks TO RCA. So could I connect the female headphone to rca TO the 1/4" to RCA and configure it in traktor to output in stereo?

Hmm ok not sure if im getting this right

fyi a 3.5mm jack is the small headphone, or computer input jack.

So if i got this right you are outputting traktor from the firebox, over to thouse speakers.

Do the speakers have rca inputs? I think they have a 3.5 input i would imagein if they are computer speakers. If so you need

(2) Mono male trs(1/4 jack) to male RCA - female RCA to 3.5 male adapter - plug adapter into the sub (most computer speaker systems i have found normaly plug into the sub box as a mixer)
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

If i got an alesis sr 16 or sr 18 would I need an external mixer to play it out live with the rest of my mix?? Would it hook up directly into the firebox?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well... the Firebox has two line ins.

The SR16 has up to 4 outputs, two stereo pairs. So... you could connect the two stereo pairs to the two line ins (for a stereo pair).

I really hate to be rude, but do you know how this stuff works?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yes i do. It was recommended to me that I hook it up to he mixer and not the firebox however. Just was curious what you guys thought...

I get a bit boggled when it comes to all the line ins and outs. Not because of the concept, but because many times you have to go from either RCA to 1/4" etc etc etc

Just was curious however
    Last edited by jaycee8980; 07-25-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

that's fair.

You can hook it up to a mixer, but now you have a mixer involved. It's more stuff. The advantage of doing it via computer is less stuff. Less rackmounted synths, less keyboards, less mixers, etc. etc.. You can still get a mixer, but now you also should run the firebox into the mixer, and then the mixer to your speakers. Or, you do it the other way around and use the firebox as your master out thing, but if all you have is DJ software and a beatmachine you don't really need a mixer.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast