Need Help / Advice with getting the right SETUP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need Help / Advice with getting the right SETUP

Greetings of the day!

Well i am new here and new to the DJ world too.

I have around 1200$ and i want to invest it in buying the right setup.
    I currently have a Macbook pro 13 i7.

I am not sure what to buy and what will work out to my needs.

I currently have 3 setups in mind , but i technically dont know if they are feasible and will work like i want it to. I am sorry that i have a lot of question and I might sound like a MEGA noob but finally it comes to this and i desperately need your advice and help.

1 Traktor x1 + traktor f1 + audio 6 ( this looks fine to me, but will i be able to control the headphones volume levels with this setup ? if yes then how ? )

2 Traktor x1 X 2 + traktor f1 ( this one without soundcard .. will this work fine . can i do any kind of production with this. how exactly will this work ? how do i have to route the output ? :O )

3 Traktor x1 + launchpad + audio 6 ( will i be able to control the remix deck with launchpad ? without having to run both ableton and traktor together ? )

Any other cheap hardware i can go with to get 3 channels or more ? 2 for tracks and 1 for remix deck / sample ?

can audio 6 be used for production ? to record ? like mbox ? if not , can audio 6 be replaced with mbox in my setup ? ( is mbox a multichannel sound card ?)

what i need is 2 or more channels with a remix deck for live performance and to be able to produce some music with ableton .

Tech Wizard

If your new to the Dj world I wouldn't worry about remix decks or even 3 channels for now, stick with two decks and get that down tight before you drop a bunch of money. A lot of controllers have sound cards in them so I wouldn't look for an audio 6 just yet. you can get a decent controlers for half of what your looking to spend, numark n4 ,ad vms4.1, Reloop terminal 4 or even an S2.
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

Tech Wizard

^^ Agreed.
    I think personally it sounds to me like you're trying for a production idea behind it, hense the launchpad, and maybe remix decks. If this is the case I'd go for the launchpad or an MPC. However all of that can wait until you can grasp the solid foundation of mixing. Which in this case I would go with what Serb said and delve into a cheap controller for practice, you can always upgrade equipment.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the reply mate , although i am new to the digital djing . i have played with 2 cdj setup before. I want to be using my mac now . so the question vms scratch s2 or s4 are too rigid . I want to have options for even production. so the questions mate. i need help in that

Tech Convert

Also i have experience with traktor , but only on pc . the software bit . So i wanted to invest on the hardware bit.

Also i am familiar to ableton. so the need to have a production setup. which i can even use for live performances

Tech Wizard

I will tell you, the controller is not as important as the software you will be using. So first off I'd figure which software is best suited for you. Most of them include demo's, test drive them and then support your decision off of this. In my personal opinion, the software is more valuable then the controller.

Tech Convert

@serbman9 mate i need to do production too . been into all this from 3 year+ but havent had the money to buy controller. I thought for audio 6 as that gives me opportunity to expand as an when i have more money to spare.

@shookstar I will be using traktor for live performance and ableton for production.

Which setup sounds more feasible? I dont think i can trigger remix deck or traktor with launchpad. ( although i am more interested to buy a launchpad ) but to have more energy in live performance i thought i will need an F1 as i dont think i can use launchpad to control remix deck or traktor yet.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by shookstar View Post
    I will tell you, the controller is not as important as the software you will be using. So first off I'd figure which software is best suited for you. Most of them include demo's, test drive them and then support your decision off of this. In my personal opinion, the software is more valuable then the controller.

i will be using traktor for live performance and ableton for production . now please advice on the setup

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Serbman9 View Post
    If your new to the Dj world I wouldn't worry about remix decks or even 3 channels for now, stick with two decks and get that down tight before you drop a bunch of money. A lot of controllers have sound cards in them so I wouldn't look for an audio 6 just yet. you can get a decent controlers for half of what your looking to spend, numark n4 ,ad vms4.1, Reloop terminal 4 or even an S2.
    I need a setup with i can add to later . s2 or numark or itch or vms are useless if u want to expand the setup, Also i want to start with production. so only seeking for advice .

You don't have a mixer in any if those setups.... A mixer is one of the most important things in djing
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast