Technics all the way... my SL-family is growing ! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Where do you order all your technics spares from. Need to get a few bits.

To be honest the lack of posting on this thread is mainly to do with the jealousy I have of all your technics, and handywork.

But very good work indeed!
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Hey Amadeus,

Thanks !
    Let me know what you are looking for, I have several sources.

Ps. Not trying to boast my gear, just want to promote DIY-stuff (own awesome gear without spending a boatload cash). And I'm just a humble servant compared with guys like Nicadraus...

Kind regards,
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    Hey Amadeus,

Thanks !
    Let me know what you are looking for, I have several sources.

Ps. Not trying to boast my gear, just want to promote DIY-stuff (own awesome gear without spending a boatload cash). And I'm just a humble servant compared with guys like Nicadraus...

Kind regards,
    I know your not trying to boast, really impressive all the work you do. And how much you spend as well, you've had some bargains, and yeah shows that you don't have to spend a lot to have nice gear.

I'll get a list of bits over to you that I'm looking for, would be an amazing help thanks!

And then it's my turn to get my hands dirty and do some fixing/servicing on my techs.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

I had a busy weekend...family birthday party & marriage friend on saturday and on sunday it was 'Ronde van Vlaanderen' (epic bikerace).

Still I did some work and sanded down the first deck, I think it's ready for primer (first time I do this with a 1200) and don't see any damage that needs filler. Still unsure if I have to cover up the screwholes and If I need to sand the deeper parts if I want to paint the decks completely...

Another question, if I want to repaint the platter, what kind of paint is used to paint the side (black)...and is this doable with spraycan paint ?

Managed to take some pictures of my set-up, sorry for the crappy quality...

DSC07867.jpg

DSC07868.jpg

DSC07869.jpg

DSC07870.jpg

DSC07871.jpg

DSC07872.jpg

DSC07874.jpg

Tech Guru

Cool collection man!, I've got a 1969 SL1200 MK1 in near mint condition, with original Cart...to the best of my knowledge. Took me a few years to find one
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

Lovely collection of gear you have, and a nice bit of space to keep it all in.

Now that Rane mixer is lovely, and for once the EQ expansion is at the top, you seem to see a lot of pictures with it at the bottom which I've never understood.

Just read this, excellant work.
    I bought a pair of 1210s (MK2) dirt cheap and completely stripped and restored them to perfect working condition. It was enjoyeable.
    However, my bases are not that good, what paint did you use to spray yours?
    TSP2, Rane 64, 2x SL1210 (restored and customised), Shure M44-7 Carts, X1 Mk 2, Launchpad.

http://www.sounditoutrecords.co.uk
    https://soundcloud.com/theworkhouse-sessions

Default Wow!

Hi All

All the works look amazing indeed.
    I myself bought one like 95% perfect (production date 2005)
    There like some tiny dents i dont know how
    To restore.... take a look you may have an idea?

Thanks

http://oi61.tinypic.com/15d3uxt.jpg

Thanks for replying fellas !

Been busy with work, kids, garden, ... so not much 'play' and I think it has been more then 30 days that I didn't buy something for my studio. My wanted list has become a short list One more month of work and then I can start constructions my man cave.

SL's are also queing up, 2 MKII's & 2 MK5's to service (from friends)...

My last paintjob I did looked great but was not 100% so my last 2 decks are going to a professional for blasting & powder coating (met. black).

My sl-bases worked out great.
    I'm using regular motip vinly spray (not glossy) but first I sand then lightly with 600 & 1000 grid (wet !) and cover up the stickers on the back with tape.

Have a great weekend !

Tech Mentor

I was up to 5 sl-1200s but for some reason I sold three of them off. I'm down to an mk3d and an mk5, I've gotten rid of the mk2s and a mk3d I used to have.

gotta love those 1200s!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast