Ableton Effects through xone:92 Aux-Channels (Send/Return) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    I've read about this for a long time now and it was my intention too. Unfortunately, I still don't have a Xone 92. It should be like this:

1. In Ableton > Preferences > Audio Setup select the Traktor Audio 10 as soundcard.
    2. At the back of the Xone 92, insert the AUX 1/2 into 1 of the Traktor Audio 10's inputs.
    3. Still in Ableton, insert an audio track and change the I/O of that channel: Audio From, you select the inputs from which you've just inserted the AUX 1/2 channels. So if they're going to the Traktor Audio 10 inputs 3/4, in Ableton you'll select Audio From Traktor Audio 10 channels 3/4.
    4. For instance, you want a delay or something? Drop it where it says 'Audio Effects here' and make sure that you'll set the Dry/Wet signal of the delay to 100%!
    5. Connect your Traktor Audio 10 outputs to the Return 1/2 of the Xone 92. So if you're using 4 Traktor Decks, use outputs 9/10 and stick them into Return 1 or 2.
    6. On the mixer, there are 2 extra channels on the right. Depending on the Return you're using, pull the fader all the way up and at the top, you'll see a switch for 'MIC/RTN'. Push it, so this channel will receive the Return signal.
    7. Now, everything should be ready to go. Play something and if you're using Return 1, try to rotate the AUX 1 rotary above the channel which you're using. Depending on the position of the AUX 1 rotary, you should hear the delay on top of that channel. Great thing is that you can pull the fader of the channel down and you will hear that delay ringing out (post fader).

Let us know if it'll work and if I were right!
    Thank you for the help it totally works now!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by spacebyrdz View Post
    Thank you for the help it totally works now!!
    what kind of cable are you using for the return channel? i cannot find a chinch to 2 jacks anywhere...

I am getting a loan of a Xone 92 and I am going to be trying this out , will I be able to plugged maschine straight into one of the return channels from the soundcard.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

I've read about this for a long time now and it was my intention too. Unfortunately, I still don't have a Xone 92. It should be like this:

1. In Ableton > Preferences > Audio Setup select the Traktor Audio 10 as soundcard.
    2. At the back of the Xone 92, insert the AUX 1/2 into 1 of the Traktor Audio 10's inputs.
    3. Still in Ableton, insert an audio track and change the I/O of that channel: Audio From, you select the inputs from which you've just inserted the AUX 1/2 channels. So if they're going to the Traktor Audio 10 inputs 3/4, in Ableton you'll select Audio From Traktor Audio 10 channels 3/4.
    4. For instance, you want a delay or something? Drop it where it says 'Audio Effects here' and make sure that you'll set the Dry/Wet signal of the delay to 100%!
    5. Connect your Traktor Audio 10 outputs to the Return 1/2 of the Xone 92. So if you're using 4 Traktor Decks, use outputs 9/10 and stick them into Return 1 or 2.
    6. On the mixer, there are 2 extra channels on the right. Depending on the Return you're using, pull the fader all the way up and at the top, you'll see a switch for 'MIC/RTN'. Push it, so this channel will receive the Return signal.
    7. Now, everything should be ready to go. Play something and if you're using Return 1, try to rotate the AUX 1 rotary above the channel which you're using. Depending on the position of the AUX 1 rotary, you should hear the delay on top of that channel. Great thing is that you can pull the fader of the channel down and you will hear that delay ringing out (post fader).

Let us know if it'll work and if I were right!
    I have a audio 10 , I see that you have the AUX coming out into the Audio 10 input 3/4 then the RETURN into the Audio 10 9/10 output , can you have them on the same input/output on the Audio 10 say the 9/10 channel as i have this channel free
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

I'm trying this out on Thursday, but I was wondering...

If the return is controlled by the faders and aux knobs in the microphone section, what do the aux knobs which are above the EQs control?

I would guess they control how much of the effect being sent into the microphone channels affect the track playing out of that channel? So you can add effect to one channel and not the whole mix.

Or they have to be turned up/down completely or positioned right in the middle for this to work?

Also, do the EQs on the microphone channel have an effect on the sound when the channels are in RTN mode?

Any updates on this???

How would this be doable using aggregated audio device with an audio 8 and an audio 2 ????
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAybar View Post
    How would this be doable using aggregated audio device with an audio 8 and an audio 2 ????
    Anyone????
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Simply; you must aggregate them. There are tons of tutorials how to do that. You could even aggregate a Audio 8 with an Audio 10 making a Audio 18.
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Simply; you must aggregate them. There are tons of tutorials how to do that. You could even aggregate a Audio 8 with an Audio 10 making a Audio 18.
    Thx, waiting for my double rca to double trs cables to arrive to try this out!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast