Ableton Effects through xone:92 Aux-Channels (Send/Return) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by neilmcm View Post
    I am getting a loan of a Xone 92 and I am going to be trying this out , will I be able to plugged maschine straight into one of the return channels from the soundcard.
    Did you got it working???
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Resurrecting an old thread...

I've got this working, I have all 4 Traktor decks on all 4 of my xone92 channels, then Maschine coming out of the mic channel 1, Maschine is open as a plugin inside of Ableton, so I can apply a delay plugin over Maschine stuff. That's what I wanted, but, I would also like to be able to apply FX from Ableton over tracks I'm playing in Traktor, so I opened a new Ableton session, and followed what JDFS said but had no luck, until I played around a bit with the audio track, now, I managed to get the plugin to FX over channel 1/Deck A, but the only thing is, I didn't have the MIC fader pushed up.... I just rotated the AUX 1 knob at the top of channel 1 on the Xone 92, now is this right? Because I'm sure the MIC/RTN fader is supposed to be pushed up first, not sure if I've done something wrong...

None the less, I did get that to work, but I'm not sure I can do this with Maschine linked up as well, I think I need a bigger sound card than the audio 10..

Anyone around to talk about this?
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Default is there latency while using audio 10???

Quote Originally Posted by spacebyrdz View Post
    Thank you for the help it totally works now!!
    Are there any latency issues while using the audio 10 with xone 92 send and returns through ableton.....pls suggest a sound interface..........i have a xone 4d ......any help?????

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    I have not tried it yet since i will not buy ableton if i'm not 100% sure if and how it works
    Ableton do a fully unrestricted, 30 day free trial for the full Ableton Suite. That's like 500 bucks of software free for a whole month!

Actually, if you only want to use Ableton to do this send / return delay effect, you don't even need to buy Ableton, as you can still use it once the 30 days runs out, you just can't save or export

my 30 days just ran out

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    , but the only thing is, I didn't have the MIC fader pushed up.... I just rotated the AUX 1 knob at the top of channel 1 on the Xone 92, now is this right? Because I'm sure the MIC/RTN fader is supposed to be pushed up first, not sure if I've done something wrong...

Anyone around to talk about this?

If the 92 is similar to my xone 3d one of the sends has a "pre/post" selector. If you set the send to "PRE" it sends the signal to send before the signal goes through the mixer section of the channel. It bypasses both the line fader and the EQ. If you set it to post the send will then send post fader/eq. Sounds like you have this on a send.

Are you folks who do this sending midi to live to keep the delays in time?

Is anyone having to deal with driver compensation? I used to route a lot of hardware through a mixer and use Live's FX in this manner..

Tech Mentor

I'm struggling similar to this using my Allen&Heath Xone:4D

what works:
    If the channel on the mixer is set to soundcard and the tiny red switch marked pre is down (I assume pre is enabled) then any phono or line input can be routed through ableton or traktor and apply effects.
    no need for sends or anything extra to get it to work.
    just set the track in ableton / or deck in traktor to have the same input as output for the channel on the 4D

What doesnt work (i've tried many times and failed):
    If the source of the audio is not external analogue, but from ableton or traktor, i cannot route the audio through the other program. traktor through ableton / ableton through traktor.

what I currently do is have both traktor and ableton use the 4d, but not route the audio between the programs.

The 4D soundcard works with any program at the same time.
    so trakor and ableton can output to channels that are used by each other.

if the source is ableton or traktor, which output to the soundcard in the 4D, then the red pre switch has to be up (I assume pre is off)
    if pre is on with ableton or traktor as the source, then an unwanted feedback loop is created if set to the same cchannel output as in.
    if the output is set to different outputs on the soundcard, (another channel on the 4D) then there is a noticable delay, and you have to hear the dry signal on the source channelas well as the wet signal on the different return channel.

I mix between traktor and ableton doing live sets.
    I manually match the 2 programs as the audio is independent going into the 4D.

I want to route the audio from one program through the other, so that I can have one set of effects to use to have consistency in use of effects (instead of using different versions of effects)

traktor and ableton both run on my core i7 windows 8.1 laptop

anyone help?

im also trying to figure this out
    difference is, i dont want to use ableton effects, but a guitar pedal, on the send/return

my sound is getting doubled, when recieving signal from the s/r loop

do i need audio 10 to fix this to?

thx
    SoundCloud <-- All my mixes are available for a free download.

Tech Mentor

does the pedal have a wet/dry setting or is it 100 wet when on but dry when off?

if you send out prefader and turn the fader down do you hear the raw sound coming in the return?

yes the pedal has parameter encoders, the dry/wet parameter is adjustable with another pedal, hooked to the pedal

ive found one way to get exactly what i want, BUT
    i have to give up 1 complete channel for this
    when i put the signal wich is coming out of the boss dd7 pedal, wich (normally/before) goes into the send/return return port, in a line-in of 1 of 4 channels, and put that channel to "line"(instead of soundcard), i get the WET ONLY signal on channel 1. i can eq the effect only signal, and volume it with the fader, and adjust wet/dry with my feet ...

this is how i thought it would work ...

isnt there a way around this? so i have this behaviour, but with 4 channels to mix ...
    SoundCloud <-- All my mixes are available for a free download.

Tech Mentor

I have a xone 3d..

I have my FX1 running out to an outboard fx box and I get a wet signal if my fx is set to wet. It comes in the FX1 return without issue.. All four channels can send to the FX unit and come in the return.

Is the routing in your mixer configurable? did you try it by enabling pre with the fader off? If you still get the dry signal this way?

Do you have two send/reruns on your mixer? If so do they both do this?

Watch out for feedback but it's actually pretty sweet to run the fx into a channel and send the fx back through itself. you can get some nice subtle feedback and it's fun to play with. (the bright side of a bad situation)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast