Ableton Effects through xone:92 Aux-Channels (Send/Return) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

ok im willing to give up one channel to get the delay working, works for me like this

but now the second loop
    on sent/return fx2 there is a loop going to a boss reverb pedal, and going in again
    with fader down, pre button doesnt make a difference, when turning the 2 fx2 knobs open i get a Original sound + reverb
    so when i have a techno track on, with lows down, with faders still down, i get a techno track with bass + reverb

im not going to give up one more channel to get the wet reverb signal

it has todo something with the rooting i guess
    only thing i did was input settings, i get each deck to 1-2 3-4 5-6 7-8
    i also have in & output setting for send/return fx, what should i do there?

i have xone 4d, its a xone 92 with extra midi controls ...
    SoundCloud <-- All my mixes are available for a free download.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Arnerd View Post
    i have xone 4d, its a xone 92 with extra midi controls ...
    your mixer is a newer version of mine, they look nearly identical. yours has additional channels on the sound card and you get a step sequencer.

In the other thread didn't someone mention a jumper setting?

I'd contact A&H support at this point, they tend to be easy to reach in my experience.

the sends on my mixer work the way you are expecting!

Tech Mentor

also you don't want the sound card feeding the FX, the mixer will do that. I can set one of my FX to go into the computer if I choose but don't do that.

Tech Wizard

does anybody know, whether this operation can be executed on a Xone:42 ? Unfortunately I dont have a 92, but the 42 also has a dedicated dry/wet fx knob, and on the back there's an input for an external effect. So do you guys think it would work ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Diesse View Post
    does anybody know, whether this operation can be executed on a Xone:42 ? Unfortunately I dont have a 92, but the 42 also has a dedicated dry/wet fx knob, and on the back there's an input for an external effect. So do you guys think it would work ?
    there's one way to find out! I'm very curious about this, this thread has made me not want to upgrade my xone:3d.

Tech Wizard

Regarding the pedal : Boss is cool and cheap

I use a RE20 , it emulate (successfully) the space echo, it sound really good, and it has a reverb, and a tap tempo, it also has a switch to mute the dry signal and use it as a send.
    The DD3-5-7 are cool too, they sound digital though.

Tech Mentor elohyspoissonpilote's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    Hey Guys

I just started out using Ableton Live mainly because of the effects as i have seen that they can be used on my xone:92 mixer via send/return (as shown in the how i play videos here on djtt with chris liebing or loco dice).

I really want to try this for a delay since it's the effect i use the most and having it right on the mixer would be lovely. my problem is i have no idea how to route it correctly. i use a audio 10 interface with four out-channels used for four decks in traktor, so i got one out-channel remaining.

I know i have to set up ableton to be synced with traktor etc but before i invest too much time into that i would like to know if and how it is possible to use ableton fx via xone:92.

and if that is not possible, anyone knows about a cheap but good analogue delay-unit?

thanks in advance
    Diapositive1.JPG

It s an Xone62 configuration but with the Xone92, you just have to create on more audio channel in ableton to separate your 2 effects, you can return then both in the same channel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234