No sound from my computer

Default No sound from my computer

I recently purchased a launchpad, and am using a demo version of live 9, everything seems to be functioning, and I can get tracks playing, but I am not getting sound from my computer. (I-mac)
    I tried to test tone, and I get that sound, but nothing from the software, or triggered by the launchpad?
    Do I need to configure something I am not aware of?
    I will admit right now, I did not read the manual, and am a total nube to Live AND the launchpad.

Just want to get moving!!

Tech Mentor

in preferences make sure under MIDI/SYNC that you have the Ins and outs correct. launchpad should be selected across all 3, then down below in midi ports make sure track and remote are both on and lite up. think i had that same issue when first time plugged in the launchpad, aside from making sure the driver was installed.

Default yup.

did all that from the tutorial I watched.
    the launchpad lights up, and responds, just do not get anything from the software maybe? I can see it wanting to work, but I am merely playing clips of silence. And they are from the selections offered by the free download of 9. no matter what i decide to choose to play, I get silence from all the selections I asign. none of the sounds that came with the software i downloaded, are audible.

Default response

Quote Originally Posted by MoeHawk View Post
    in preferences make sure under MIDI/SYNC that you have the Ins and outs correct. launchpad should be selected across all 3, then down below in midi ports make sure track and remote are both on and lite up. think i had that same issue when first time plugged in the launchpad, aside from making sure the driver was installed.
    did all that from the tutorial I watched.
    the launchpad lights up, and responds, just do not get anything from the software maybe? I can see it wanting to work, but I am merely playing clips of silence. And they are from the selections offered by the free download of 9. no matter what i decide to choose to play, I get silence from all the selections I asign. none of the sounds that came with the software i downloaded, are audible.

Seems like you might be "moving" already if you'd just read the manual.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Have you selected your soundcard in preferences. And read the manual next time.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye