Deadmau5: "burn all electronic music down, i don't care"
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Deadmau5: "burn all electronic music down, i don't care"

Dj Sneak got all butt hurt over this interview, which then started a bunch of other people stating their opinion about EDM 90s rave and techno on twitter and facebook!

http://www.mixmag.net/words/news/dea...wn-i-dont-care

"Canadian found with two records and mixer stuck up his ass, witnesses say it was a big puerto rican"
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

I bet these two are best friends when the media isn't around
    I hear an 8hz sinewave can make a whole room of dubstep producers simultaneously stroke their beards.

Even if they havnt got one.

Never owned nor liked ANYTHING by Douchemau5. I do however, own some DJ Sneak tunes. I'd wager Sneak will still be somewhat relevant long after Deadmau5 is, well, Dead.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Controversial interview: marketing. The terrorists win
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I don't think it really was about him being dispassionate about EDM music as a total. He (at least from what I understood from the interview) didn't feel protective about the state of the scene now. He's going on to talk about evolution of Electronic music as a general, and how he felt that by being protective, it's slowing innovation and progression within music.

DJ Sneak is just an example of somebody he feels fitting that category of not shifting, and hindering that progression. (By the way, I fucking love that Washing Machine metaphor), and then feels it necessary to bash the current state of house for where it's progressed to.

Didn't see it as particularly controversial, I just think the 'burn' quote can be taken completely out of context. Found the interview actually kinda interesting =P
    Last edited by rjc; 11-28-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

DM is a bitter artist who can't really entertain much anymore other then being that loud a-hole everyone hates. He's just butt hurt he is getting left behind with the progression of music.

on the other hand: DJ Sneak is butthurt all the time

haha yeah. Never said I liked that fellow either lol.

Both do different things so shouldn't be compared.

Deadmau5 is an entertainer/performer and all round amazing producer. He openly admits he doesn't DJ. He puts on a show.
    DJ Sneak is an accomplished DJ and producer. He is all about being a skillful DJ not a performer per se.

But I agree with what Deadmau5 has said. Sneak would prefer that the dance music scene (hate the term EDM) never alter. So stuck in his archaic ways I'm surprised he's moved onto newer technology.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast