Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23

    Default Roll Call Break Beat Producers.

    This is like still one of the more underground genres, at least in the US. It's hard to find much about break beat productions even dubstep has become more main stream. With that said is anyone on DJTT into producing break beats?

    If so what DAW and gear you use, would like to create a thread for us lovers of the break beats!

    I'll start currently I am using Ableton, and Maschine for all my production work. I haven't produced much in the breaks category for awhile but I've been working on some new tracks and trying new techniques.

  2. #2
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    707

    Default

    post some of your work i don't produce break beat at all, but wouldn't mind listening

  3. #3
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I just started digging back into the breaks side of things, nothing I have is complete but give me a little time and I'll post some Works in Progress

    What styles do you produce mainly?

  4. #4
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDFunk View Post
    I just started digging back into the breaks side of things, nothing I have is complete but give me a little time and I'll post some Works in Progress

    What styles do you produce mainly?
    i am huge on trance/chillout but i have experimented with quite a few styles over the years

  5. #5
    Tech Guru JasonBay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Brew Ha!
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDFunk View Post
    This is like still one of the more underground genres, at least in the US. It's hard to find much about break beat productions even dubstep has become more main stream. With that said is anyone on DJTT into producing break beats?

    If so what DAW and gear you use, would like to create a thread for us lovers of the break beats!

    I'll start currently I am using Ableton, and Maschine for all my production work. I haven't produced much in the breaks category for awhile but I've been working on some new tracks and trying new techniques.
    You apparently missed the breakbeat craze of the early/mid 2000's! Hell, even Bedrock made a sublabel called "Bedrock Breaks". All the Aussies were about the broken beat grooves for a minute there even.

  6. #6
    Tech Guru Tarekith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    794

    Default

    I was big into breaks back in the day, still write them now and then, I just don't really make a big out of the fact I'm using a breakbeat for the drums

    http://tarekith.com/tracks/

  7. #7
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonBay View Post
    You apparently missed the breakbeat craze of the early/mid 2000's! Hell, even Bedrock made a sublabel called "Bedrock Breaks". All the Aussies were about the broken beat grooves for a minute there even.
    Nope did not miss it, I still got loads of Funky breaks 80's remixes from the 2000's, but with that said it was still relatively underground as a whole compared to say like Trance or even Chicago hard house was overall bigger than breaks then, unless of course you were in Florida.

  8. #8
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    I was big into breaks back in the day, still write them now and then, I just don't really make a big out of the fact I'm using a breakbeat for the drums

    http://tarekith.com/tracks/
    Yea I feel that, I was so much more into producing breaks back then, i really liked doing it, but lately I seem to be doing more complextro/electro house. Been dabbling on some breaks stuff but for me it's more time consuming to get a nice energized break track.

    I know most people sample 90% of the stuff they use in breaks even aquasky, I have a hard time doing that. But with that said I feel like Breaks have been trending up word again, seems like the quality of most electro is staying the same, and breaks are slowly getting better production value. It seemed like so long nothing good was coming out except from a few select producers.

  9. #9
    Tech Mentor alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires
    Posts
    209

    Default

    not particulary breakbeat but the drums are kind of breakbeat driven
    its and odd fusion of genres, check the song albedo.

    http://alchemusic.bandcamp.com/

  10. #10
    Tech Wizard schwallman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ft Walton Beach
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I have been into breaks/dnb since mid 1998. I really miss the older florid funky breaks. Fixx, London, hudia, volume, etc etc.
    I only just recently pick up ableton and tried my hand at producing. I havent got to deep into it and have really just played around and made a few cool sounds. nothing to put together yet.

    I know its only an excuse but my office and master bedroom are in the process of being updated and switched so my work area is a mess and I cant get into things when shit around me is messy. The work should be done very soon and I cannot wait to get back into my new office and get back into ableton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •