New "Geedon" House mix, Please listen and critique!
    Tech Wizard

Default New "Geedon" House mix, Please listen and critique!

Let me know your thoughts. My last mix I posted here was progressive house. I wanted to go more house with this one.

Great mix, very upbeat and cheerful. The mix was spot on (maybe one or two minor clashes but barely noticeable) and I liked the progression of tracks. It definitely had a very united vibe to it. Listened to the whole thing through totally rocking to it

9:10 Very old school feel about it, yet with a modern arrangement, cool track
    13:45 Love this take on the classic, very groovy
    18:40 Oooh cool drums, I am enjoying the layering on it too
    20:54 Classy drop
    28:17 I like how it starts out deep, gets melodic and then turns pretty chaotic, sweet.
    36:20 Cool energy switch up, sounded like a really well done transition, then realized it's the track, so cool effect in the tune (hint hint cool time to drop something smashing haha)
    40:55 Smooth synths, very dreamy, echoed claps are sweet too
    46:50 Whoa, real nice, just overall great tune, perfect for the latter part of the set

Tech Wizard

Thanks man I always love your review mixes. Next one I make is going to be progressive house. Trying to mix it up and practice all different genres of EDM. Maybe one day I'll do a trip mix for fun...

Thanks, I enjoy listening to other people's stuff, it's all part of learning for me.

I hear ya. I've been stuck on this DnB mix for a while now, I've recorded about 5 takes already, all went to recycled bin haha. It's not really programmed or anything, just wanna make a mix with some of the DnB stuff I have in my collection that I love, but I guess because it's all quite different it doesn't turn out as good as I'd want it to be and I don't want to upload a complete mess, you know. I might just need to get a feel for mixing style for it too.

But that's the exciting part, that means I had 5 practice sessions, gotta look at the positive heh.

cheers man

Tech Wizard

I know how that feels man. It sucks when you get to the end of a mix and screw something up too.

My advice is record your mix and don't listen until the next day. I would listen to a mix right after making it and be so critical. It always sounded better after a night's rest.

I will try it. You actually caught me red handed, I totally listen to them right away haha.