VCI-400 Standard Edition LED Mapping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-400 Standard Edition LED Mapping

I am currently working on mapping the standard edition vci-400 to be similar to the EGE mapping. I am currently mapping the performance grid section and I need some help with how to map the LEDs.

When I have set my grid to be in the cue mode, the corresponding led for that cue point will be on or off depending if a cue is set. This is all working fine. What i don't know how to do is when I switch to say the gratify mode how do i turn off the leds and then when i switch back how do i turn the leds back on that have a cue set?

Thanks for your help.

You need to use a modifier.

I guess you have a button that changes from cue mode to grat mode..
    You need to add a modifer to that button as well.

So cue mode would set the modifier to 0, grat mode would set the same modifier to 1 (just an example - it can be 7 & 8 or whatever)

Then you add that condition to your led's - the cue led's and buttons only work when when the modifier is 0, the grat led's and buttons only work when the modifier is 1.
    SC | MC

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Four Bank mapping does just that:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271

Tech Convert

Thanks for the replies. But I don't think i explained my problem very well. I have done exactly what both of you have explained. I have set up a modifier (m2) where 0 = gratify, 1= cues, etc.....

Here is what is happening in an example:

With M2=0 the 2x4 grid is set to be cue points. I can add my 8 cue points in my track, delete them, and the corresponding led for the grid button lights up when a cue point is set. The led is off when no cue point is set. This is all working fine.

Let say I have two cue points set; therefore only two of the 2x4 grid will be lit up. Now I set M2=1 which makes the same 2x4 grid my gratify effects. Now i drop in my effects make some sweet noise and the crowd goes crazy. This is all working just fine, with the following exception. The two buttons that were lit up because they were cue points set in cue mode (M2=0) are still lit up. Pressing one of the effects buttons does not turn on the leds in gratify mode, unless they are already lit up, due to them being cue points set in cues mode.

Basically I only want the leds to be on indicating a cue point is set when i am in cue mode. Any other time (M2=>1) i want them off. I have tried setting the hot cue status to only work when M2=0 but that does not seem to solve the problem. From what i can tell traktor only sends the controller the state of the cue point when it changes.

Any thoughts?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Map corresponding FX on LED outputs and set modifier conditions M2=1.

Yep the condition has to be on the led outputs as well as all buttons.
    You might need to Add In > Global > Send Monitor State to the button that changes from cue/grat mode.
    SC | MC

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Yep the condition has to be on the led outputs as well as all buttons.
    You might need to Add In > Global > Send Monitor State to the button that changes from cue/grat mode.
    I added Send Monitor State when the I press the button to change the grid to grat mode and checked the invert button as suggesting in this form:
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=25731

And then on my Hotcue State Output I have the following settings:
    Condition:
    M2 = 0 (which should only send an output when i am in cue mode) Note I also tried this with no modifier
    Type =LED
    Interaction Mode: Output
    Assignment: Deck A
    Controller Range: -1 to 5
    Midi Range 0 to 127 blend checked

Just as a check I mapped another LED to turn on when the Send Monitor State was triggered and it seems to be sending the signal as this LED will flasher quickly when I press the grat mode button.

This should be the solution to my problem but it does not seem to be working....

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Four Bank mapping does just that:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=55271
    Stewe is there a reason you don't use 0 as a modifier value in your post?

Quote Originally Posted by clkwk View Post
    I added Send Monitor State when the I press the button to change the grid to grat mode and checked the invert button as suggesting in this form:
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=25731

And then on my Hotcue State Output I have the following settings:
    Condition:
    M2 = 0 (which should only send an output when i am in cue mode) Note I also tried this with no modifier
    Type =LED
    Interaction Mode: Output
    Assignment: Deck A
    Controller Range: -1 to 5
    Midi Range 0 to 127 blend checked

Just as a check I mapped another LED to turn on when the Send Monitor State was triggered and it seems to be sending the signal as this LED will flasher quickly when I press the grat mode button.

This should be the solution to my problem but it does not seem to be working....
    The problem there is the controller range - this refers to the hotcue state:

-1 = no cue
    0 = cue
    1 = fade in
    2 = fade out
    3 = load
    4 = grid
    5 = loop

You have it set to -1 to 5, so you are telling it to light all the time
    If you change it to 0 to 5 it should work
    SC | MC

Actually I just re-read your original post and I don't think that is the problem.

I think you will need to add 8 more outputs for the led's for when in grat mode.
    So Add Out > Modifier 2 > (your led) : condition m2=1 : midi range 0 - 0

Do that for all the 8 pads.

Whats happening at the minute is when you change to grat mode (m2=1) the cuepoints are still set in the track, so the led is staying lit.
    You setting m2 to 1 does not tell traktor to hide cuepoints, so you have to tell it to turn the leds off, the way to do that is to tell it when m2 = 1 set the midi out to 0
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast