Dj-tech 4 mix help!

Default Dj-tech 4 mix help!

SO i just received my DJ TECH 4 MIX. Yes its great, a little to learn and get use to from my Numark MixTrack. Unilike the MixTrack, The 4MIX doesnt have a individual effect controller/selecter.

Does anyone know how to select Effects w/o using a mouse???

thanks, Casey

You could map one of the 4 sample knobs up the top to move through effects
    I've only ever used the unit with VirtualDJ for about 5 minutes though, so I'm not too sure of the specifics.

The demo unit I have at work has been mapped to Traktor. Much better fit. No beat grids + no tempo adjustment = bad news.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey Casey, do you use it with Traktor?

I did some more reading and I found a section I missed. SHIFTED CONTROLLS.

I found there, when SHIFT BUTTON is pressed, then clicking VINLY MODE BUTTON you can toggle the effect you wish toe select. Just something you have to get use too.

It would also be nice if it had FATTER KNOBS like the FILTER KNOBS.

I want to try the DRAGON 2, any feedback.

thanks,Casey

Quote Originally Posted by bassmancapps View Post
    I want to try the DRAGON 2, any feedback.
    A much much much much better unit. It has a metal body , nicer knobs (closer to the feel of the filter on the 4Mix, pitch control, standalone mixer.

I've been using a sample at some shows for the last few months, again it's been remapped to Traktor as I can't stand VDJ, it'd be amazing if I could get some of the LEDs mapped, but one day.

It's very underrated imho.

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    A much much much much better unit. It has a metal body , nicer knobs (closer to the feel of the filter on the 4Mix, pitch control, standalone mixer.

I've been using a sample at some shows for the last few months, again it's been remapped to Traktor as I can't stand VDJ, it'd be amazing if I could get some of the LEDs mapped, but one day.

It's very underrated imho.
    Im glad to hear from a experienced operator, So you have it mapped for Traktor? and none of the lighting works as it should?

Also, another ???, Ive been using VDJ for 2 years now and I dont have any problems with it. What are your concerns about VDJ id love to hear.

thanks, Casey

Quote Originally Posted by bassmancapps View Post
    Im glad to hear from a experienced operator, So you have it mapped for Traktor? and none of the lighting works as it should?

Also, another ???, Ive been using VDJ for 2 years now and I dont have any problems with it. What are your concerns about VDJ id love to hear.

thanks, Casey
    Yeah it's just had a basic mapping done for Traktor, the LEDs pretty much work as they should, just can't get the jogs LEDs to spin at the right tempo, but I have very little mapping knowledge so it's probably not hard, I've mapped the effects etc, though.

VDJ? I personally just don't like it: the look, the library management, the level of detail in the preferences..... Traktor is just better software (in my opinion that is).