[Minimal / Techno] My first recorded mix with Allen & Heath DB4
    Tech Mentor

Default [Minimal / Techno] My first recorded mix with Allen & Heath DB4

Just got the mixer start of this week. Spent a couple days setting everything up, and did this mix last night.

Would really appreciate any feedback, good or bad, regarding this mix.

Mixed with A&H DB4, Reloop Contour (Controller Edition), Traktor 2.6 (No Sync).

Cheers.

Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Congratulations on your purchase!

I've noticed first 6 minutes the volume was a bit quiet, but come to think of it, it's kind of an effect on it's own - things picking up (worked out with song progression too).

The mix was good (mixing itself impeccable), there were a couple awkward moments, but that might've been the tune itself. Some tunes were a little too minimal for me (but I am still acquiring my taste in it), but there were several some good ones (Tweater I think, I really liked, after some time I lost track). Second quarter was a bit dry but I loved how it picked up after.

17:30 was a cool tune.
    22:00 I like the subtle melody.
    33:30 love this dreamy ghostly sound.
    41:30 nice atmosphere, beautiful kick, cool faded vocals
    54:00 interesting sample (the one that sounds like phone hanging up) and i like the snare shuffle on this one
    1:01:00 i like the driving rhythm and the melody that comes in really takes you deep

All in all this was interesting for me Good job, man.

Tech Mentor

Yeah, I still need to timestamp the mix but that will be done in the next couple days.

Cheers for the comments. Good to know I still have a little ability, lol. Although I think the tracks selection could have been organised a little better. Still, it comes and goes in waves, as I had intended, so not all bad.

Cheers.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016