Which audio interface will work for me? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

..... man guys really? hook the noob up correctly

use any 4x4 ASIO usb sound card thats 4 input 4 output. The maya44 is decent... or u can get a hercules mk2 or mk4 if your on a budget or any controller with 4 inputs and use that as your audio interface and have a convenient controller with jog wheels

and wait for it buy this!!!! for $120.00

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-pro/?page=795

it says it only works with traktor certified stuff... that is bull i run this on a djm 2000 mixer with a asio sound card and it works perfectly i also use a Serato SL3 with traktor and it works fine.

your welcome!!!! Lets hear that mix!!! Practice and enjoy
    Last edited by P4ULSON; 11-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.

it's a CD player, i'd just play cd's and not worry about the interface or traktor. if you want effects then buy a korg... or you can split up your payments on americanmusical.com, sweetwater.com, or zzounds.com that way you don't have to have it all at once
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

jonham

Paul, so I could just buy that Maya44 and grab that $120 Traktor Scratch deal and be good to go? Just want to make absolutely sure.

Another thing I wanted to mention earlier was this Traktor Pro guide for the CDJ 350:
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ep...TOR-PRO_En.pdf

After reviewing it, it seems like I don't even need an interface in the first place. I'm sure I'm wrong, but it looks pretty legit.

NO. Do not listen to him. Native Instruments locks their timecode control to their certified audio interfaces, you cannot use others such as the maya44.
    Even if you could the Maya44 sucks, no preamps, bad latency.
    You can, however, use whatever interface you want if you're use Traktor Pro with midi controllers rather than timecode.

Really don't listen to him unless you want to end up with a setup that doesn't work.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

jonham

What is the difference between using my CDJS as midi controllers as opposed to timecode? Both methods seem to be one in the same.

Not all CD players function as controllers and you'll have differing levels of success with different players. Traktor doesn't have support for the CDJ350's HID sadly. You can use them as midi controllers rather than HID controller but it's not as nice. It works well with the CDJ900 and CDJ2000 but there's no way to use the CDJ1000 or CDJ800 as a controller. If you play at a club and they have those you won't be able to use Traktor at all.

If you do decide to use the CDJ350s as controllers you shouldn't need to buy an interface, you should just be able to use the two CD players as interfaces and then aggregate them into one (maybe with ASIO4ALL if you're on PC? or that Pioneer tool?) so Traktor can use them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    NO. Do not listen to him. Native Instruments locks their timecode control to their certified audio interfaces, you cannot use others such as the maya44.
    Even if you could the Maya44 sucks, no preamps, bad latency.
    You can, however, use whatever interface you want if you're use Traktor Pro with midi controllers rather than timecode.

Really don't listen to him unless you want to end up with a setup that doesn't work.
    i guess ill have to post a video.... i'll have one up in 5 hours when i get home....

correct. i only use a audio interface when using time code VINYL but have tried it with the cd's too. on the cdj2000 i hit usb link the hid mode and turn the encoder to choose my deck. so i can control traktor with the cdj.

i've personally used only the hercules mk4 controller with traktor scratch pro 2.5. and time control vinyl as well as cd's and it works fine.

I've used the maya 44 with virtual dj and time control and it works fine.
    Last edited by P4ULSON; 11-30-2012 at 05:50 PM.

btw if you don't believe me maybe find a friend that has traktor scratch pro or somehow get a copy to DOWNLOAD.... (use your head...) and see for yourself that you can actually use any input device to run time code... even your mic or line in.... you gotta adjust your levels or when you calibrate it will tell you low signal.

your gonna need ASIO4All drivers if you run multiple sound cards with a Windows Machine. On a Mac you can set it in the configuration of the Mac.

im using scratch pro 2.5 btw
    Last edited by P4ULSON; 11-30-2012 at 05:51 PM.

You are using a cracked version of the software if you can use uncertified interfaces with traktor scratch's timecode control. That's not something we approve of here.

edit: clarification.
    Last edited by MrPopinjay; 12-01-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12