Which audio interface will work for me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jonham

Default Which audio interface will work for me?

First post. Woot woot! I recently transitioned from my Traktor S4 to 2 CDJ 350s and a DJM 400. I'd like to use Traktor Pro with my gear, but I'm a little confused as to what interface (if any) and software (Pro, Scratch, etc.) are needed. I've heard so many differing opinions that I'm afraid to buy anything without a concrete answer. I'm looking at the best affordable option. So far, I've come across Traktor Audio 2 and M Audio Fast Track Pro. Will these work for me? I'm also a little confused regarding timecode vs. midi. Overall, I'm a mess; just a man trying to do what he has to do to survive.

Tech Mentor

I think you need an A6/A10 with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, and timecode cds.
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

jonham

Quote Originally Posted by Tornesoul View Post
    I think you need an A6/A10 with Traktor Scratch Pro 2, and timecode cds.
    I really appreciate the response, but at this point, I need a concrete answer. Traktor Audio 2 I can buy for $100 as opposed to $300 for Audio 6. $200 difference is a deal breaker. Ain't nobody got time for that.

You need to get a digital vinyl system really to use software with CD players. For Traktor Scratch you have to use their certified DVS cards.

Buy the Traktor A6 bundle, it comes with the NI Audio6 card.

The Audio2 won't work as it has no inputs which are required to route the timecode tone from your CD players into your software.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jonham View Post
    I really appreciate the response, but at this point, I need a concrete answer. Traktor Audio 2 I can buy for $100 as opposed to $300 for Audio 6. $200 difference is a deal breaker. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    haha alright. cause i assume u wanna run ur laptop with ur cdjs and djm. therefore for dvs, u will need traktor scratch pro 2, which comes with the A6/A10, and has the timecode cds, that are needed to be put into ur cdj for tsp2 to run, and control ur mp3s

a2 only comes with tp2 and no timecode cds.

also, a2 cant connect to ur cdjs, because it lacks inputs.

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...aktor-audio-2/

a2 only has 2 outputs. u will nd inputs from ur cdjs to an audio interface for the signal.

a2 is more for say, using laptop + traktor only, 1 output for main, 1 for headphones. it lacks the inputs u need
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

jonham

Default Thanks!

Awesome. Thank you all for your help. Gonna start making lemonade to sell for the Audio 6. Wish me luck.

Better spike that lemonade or its going to take you all year to save
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

jonham

Default one last thing...

Haha, will do. How about Traktor Audio 4 or 8? Would those suffice, as well? It seems like I can find better prices for those two, as opposed to Audio 6 or 10.
    Last edited by jonham; 11-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Tech Mentor

i guess it would work, but u need traktor scratch pro 2 and timecode cd as well. can any1 clarify this?

You could get those but you'd need to buy the traktor scratch certified upgrade as well. Probably would work out about the same as just getting the A6 unless you find a good deal.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast