USB Port Tip and My First CDJ w/Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default USB Port Tip and My First CDJ w/Traktor

Hi

got two things to know

1.is it ok to connect various sources of dj equipments(sound cards,cdjs etc) to a one usb port in the mac....a friend sed to me...keep a one port reserve for the sound card and dont plud anything to that.....??

2.im going to play a party for the first time with cdj 900s....all i need is to install that pioneer aggregate tool to my mac isnt it? there will be no chance to have a check earlier.....so im going connecting them and starts to play

upgrading the cdj 900s to the latest firmware is not problem isnt it?

Mac OS X - 10.7.5

what aggregate tool i have to get...is it

Mac OS Tool for v10.8 or Mac OS Tool for v10.7 or lower version

Tech Mentor

1) Plug your sound card straight into your computer, not a hub.
    2) Dunno, but maybe burn a few cds/fill up a usb stick to be sure? Definitely get there very early if you are planning on figuring out how to set up new hardware to give yourself time to work out the kinks.

Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    1) Plug your sound card straight into your computer, not a hub.
    2) Dunno, but maybe burn a few cds/fill up a usb stick to be sure? Definitely get there very early if you are planning on figuring out how to set up new hardware to give yourself time to work out the kinks.
    ok then what if i connect a midi controller or something to that USB port again at some other time....thats no problem isnt it....

im asking this because ...have two ports and im thinking to plug both cdjs to them directly ....if i have to reserve a one port which is still not used for a sound card one day and not connecting anything to it than the soundcard or the major source

if im saving that port i have to use a hub to connect cdjs to the mac.....

its ok isnt it that use all ports for everything...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Chamath View Post
    ok then what if i connect a midi controller or something to that USB port again at some other time....thats no problem isnt it....

im asking this because ...have two ports and im thinking to plug both cdjs to them directly ....if i have to reserve a one port which is still not used for a sound card one day and not connecting anything to it than the soundcard or the major source

if im saving that port i have to use a hub to connect cdjs to the mac.....

its ok isnt it that use all ports for everything...
    As far as I know that should be fine, as long as whenever you are using your soundcard it gets plugged directly into the usb port. Not entirely sure about the 900s.

I do know that on PCs after you install the driver for some hardware you have to use the same usb port or you can have some problems. My xone 2d for instance has significantly more crackles (meaning some) at the same latency if you plug it into a different port than the one I installed it on).

Tech Guru

900's should have the latest firmware. Traktor should be 2.5 or higher. You can combine the 900's into one aggregate device and not need to use up another USB port for a soundcard. Have back up plans just in case (IE bring a soundcard and USB hub, or USB stick w/ music, or install Recordbox on ur laptop and have a ethernet cord just in case)

"Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    900's should have the latest firmware. Traktor should be 2.5 or higher. You can combine the 900's into one aggregate device and not need to use up another USB port for a soundcard. Have back up plans just in case (IE bring a soundcard and USB hub, or USB stick w/ music, or install Recordbox on ur laptop and have a ethernet cord just in case)
    yes yes sir...not want to use another port to soundcard....but the problem is if i connect both players to both usb ports then the new port is transfers datas through it....so later im gonna connect a soundcard or a mixer to it...so then that datas also going through that port which uses to players earlier.....that what im concerning about

yes in case i will take them in a usb drive too....but cant play without Traktor or VDJ...shame really....

just need to know some thing related to Traktor here

cant i disable that white marker coming in traktor automatically...?...its always appear on the start of the beat...i dim the beat grid too but its still there..?what is it...?......white bar that have a arrow head top of it

The white marker is the grid marker..
    SC | MC

i disable it when loading a track....but after that i cant set the cue point where i want to set...

however in Traktor ..there are too much bulky things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast