Using/Copying beats
    Tech Wizard

Default Using/Copying beats

Hi Ableton Producers,

I am asking a question on how to use beats from a song. I am making a fireflies remix and it's simmilar to bassnectars remix to lights, I plan to use beats from Buttons by the Pussycat dolls, I want to use them because they are strong, heavy, and beautiful. I don't want any of the vocals in the back, is there a way i can get a clean version of the beats?
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

Unless you have an a cappella version as well, there's no easy way to just "remove vocals" from a song, it's like trying to take an egg back out of a cake. Even if you do have the studio a cappella, it still isn't a particularly simple process unless you're very lucky.

If there are instrumental sections, maybe you can sample those creatively to work around the vocals?

Tech Wizard

I get it, but I can't seem to find an instrumental
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

if you can not find one, then make it yourself.

its just bass, hats and claps. use your imagination.

If not, chop it up and use loops.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Try and find a remix pack, or stems.