Stop reading the forum and start mixing thread!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Stop reading the forum and start mixing thread!

Thought this might be a good thread. Sometimes I can spend to much time on here and not actually practising mixing!

An occasional bump of this thread might remind some of us to do what we love. It's not all about the gear Someone mention new gear? Am I using the best gear? what if? and why not? blah blah blah you get the drift.

I can procrastinate all day. Tomorrow will be a better day to mix. I love djing, it's just procrastination is part of my character and I do it with everything.

Considering ther is over 70 000 members on this forum and we only see a few mixes posted a day, get my drift?

Anyway got to setup my equipment since last gig.

don't get me wrong I love this forum.
    Last edited by tekki; 12-04-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

Where was this thread last night, when I got caught in the Storm Trooper thread instead of making my minimal mix?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I use traktor more then 10 years (since Traktor DJ studio 2) and stopped practicing mixing two years ago This days I'm all about new effect mappin' tricks in to arsenal which pushes up my performance.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't practice, sometimes you can tell.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I practice mixing for two hours a day and work on my original productions for another two hours a day.....I only go on this forum at work lol
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Just imagine 70,000 mixes a day to get through!

Tech Guru

Does a little prep for me radio show tomorrow night count?

Some proper good Soulful and Deep House in the first hour and some fresher than a rain drenched lawn of Rave Breaks/Future Jungle/JTek/Old School in the 2nd half - well that's the POA

This Is Our House with Lofty, across the whole sphere we live on, Friday's 6-8PM (UK) on www.nu-raveradio.com - the Underground Sound broadcasting since 2007... tune in
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

i do spend too much time on here, but i also put in at least 4 hours a day on music (not including gigs.) usually more

I don't have time for either
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Considering ther is over 70 000 members on this forum and we only see a few mixes posted a day, get my drift?
    I'm convinced a lot of that is because there are a lot of people who never got there to listen to mixes……and why bother posting a mix if no one's going to listen to it?!

I haven't looked at that sub in a long time because my first few experiences were terrible. I find it's more useful to check out links in people's sigs if it seems like they're actually capable of putting out a good mix……which happens fairly often, just not in the mix submissions sub.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast