A short preview, would appreciate comments and tips
    Tech Convert

Default A short preview, would appreciate comments and tips

Hej DJTT. Me and my friend recently started producing (we've been DJing for a while now). We uploaded a short preview on our soundcloud. I hopu you would be so nice and try to comment or give us some tips on what needs to be done in your opinion. More ears hear more (or smth )
    This is just a preview and our first song so be gentle :

Our soundcloud:
    https://soundcloud.com/catchiness/the-element-preview

Thanks and take care

IMO
    The melody is pretty cool
    The snare sounds too artificial
    The drop is quite energetic, the distorted bass sounds good.
    The uprising lift is too common now a days.

some of the things i felt.

what I would do

try to work out a better sounding snare and hi hats. add a bit of sidechain compression or white noise with sidechain compression when the drop comes. try to work out different lead sounds, not so trancy or electro. take a different approach to the rise.

this is just MY opinion based on my musical preferences. hope the are of use!

Let me know when you post the whole track, then I'll give it a listen. Kind of hard to critique a track based on a little minute long sample

I agree....too short to really see you shine with all the automations and etc.
    A&H Xone DB4 l (2) Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 l Maschine MK2 l Traktor Scratch Pro l Ableton
    Avalon (Hollywood) l Exchange LA (Los Angeles) l DS#ARP LA (Los Angeles) l Undercurrent (San Diego) l Frenzy Afterhours (Los Angeles) l AL Party (Los Angeles) l Spin (San Diego) l Sutra (Orange County) l Monarch (San Francisco)

Well, people are right about that snare and hi hat, it needs bigger badder drums overall. This is pretty nice for a first effort, but post more than a preview for better critiques.

Tech Convert

Thanks for all tips. We have already changed the snare a bit and have put in different hi hats and added a little more punch to the kick. Will post, when we will be satisfied enough
    Thanks again

Tech Wizard

The bassline is killer. You already changed the drums, so you already set. Also, I felt the reverse cymbal came out of nowhere after there was a drop. But still pretty good.

Tech Convert

Here it is. Our finished song. Let us know what you think. If you like it, share it Thanks DJTT.

The finished version definitely sounds a lot better than the preview, especially the snare. Overall, it sounds really good to me, especially for your first song. My only negative would be that, although it's cool, the melody never changes and becomes really repetitive after a few minutes. Maybe that's just me, though.