Hi guys looking to buy my first set up need help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hi guys looking to buy my first set up need help

Hello, I am looking to buy mt first setup. I want to work with EDM house and maybe some dubstep (dont really like dub but im just gonna throw it out there to be safe). I dont really care for jogs i know you can use them for other things besides scratching. So i was looking at the novation twitch which is pretty cheap at this one site i found. Another possibility i was looking at was the vestax vci 400. I really like the pads at the bottom of the 400 and i have read that the vestax is full of features. My third option that i thought would be pretty good would be a novation twitch and a kontrol f1. Getting both a twitch and f1 would still be cheaper then a 400 and give me a lot of pads to work with, but im still not sure what to get. As far as the type of software i want to use i think ill go with traktor. I was able to mess around with it in a local music store and just liked the it due to its layout. The controllerist aspect of dj'ing is what really appeals to me so if u guys could give me your opinion on the gear and feel free to throw in some of your own suggestions as well. Thanks to all who answer. Also im not sure if i posted this in the right place.

Firstly I'm sure there is a million threads going over this. Search then ask for more specifics if you don't get answers, all of those controllers have advantages and disadvantages.

Secondly. Jogs have more use then just scratching.

maybe some dubstep (dont really like dub but im just gonna throw it out there to be safe)
    Thirdly. Play music you like.

Default Shredder my man! thanks for no help at all

I did look up info on these products , i just wanted some opinions from here and i dont think you read my entire post because i said "I dont really care for jogs i know you can use them for other things besides scratching".

Quote Originally Posted by Dosamwolfso View Post
    I did look up info on these products , i just wanted some opinions from here and i dont think you read my entire post because i said "I dont really care for jogs i know you can use them for other things besides scratching".
    Easy dude.

My point was I think you shouldn't discount jogs, especially on your first controller. Have you used a controller for an extended time? Can you beat grid?? You need to know these things before you run out and buy a twitch especially...

Also I swear people give opinion on these controllers every day (especially the VCI)... that's what I meant by search.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    Easy dude.

My point was I think you shouldn't discount jogs, especially on your first controller. Have you used a controller for an extended time? Can you beat grid?? You need to know these things before you run out and buy a twitch especially...

Also I swear people give opinion on these controllers every day (especially the VCI)... that's what I meant by search.
    As stated above, there are a million threads about this, a million threads that start off "Hello, I am looking to buy my first setup." etc... No one can be in your head knowing exactly what it is you want to do. If you did your research and you found something that you think will fit your needs, then get it, simple as that. We can't tell you what to buy nor should we. Every person has thier own opinion based on their needs. The only needs that matter and the only opinion that matters is your own. If you did your research and are still clueless about gear and software then maybe you should rethink getting into DJing

Tech Convert

If you are going to be going with Traktor and are looking for a controller, I would seriously suggest giving the S2 some consideration. While you may not be too fond of jogs, the tight integration the S2 has with Traktor is a huge plus. The jogs help with nudging your tracks into alignment and are great for scrolling through a song to cue up. The hotcues and FX sections on the S2 make it great for controllerism without having to buy additional gear. It also comes with TP2 and has a built-in soundcard!

Hope that helps!

Default fuck this cummunity

could have just answered my fucking question in the amount of time it took you to make that long ass post not answering my question!

Tech Wizard

+1 I just started DJing and I bought an S2. SAVE YOURSELF A Year and just get an S2. I asked the same questions as you did when I was deciding.

Default thanks jack and gokari :)

thanks for answering, yeah i looked at the s2 as well and it is pretty cheap that would be nice to start with since it has 2 decks only to worry about.

Tech Wizard

Yeah I had a great idea today while spacing out in debate team. Get a MF pro or wait to see what the new one has and use the up faders as VOL deck C and D and etc and have the presets as 1,2 Deck C stuff and 3,4 Deck D stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast