Magma Control Stands; anybody have one?

Default Magma Control Stands; anybody have one?

I just bought the Magma Control Stand online for $70.00. It looks awesome and it's everything i'm looking for in a controller/laptop stand. I have a bigger screened HP so my only worry is it won't fit right, but it is adjustable so we'll see.

Anybody have one of these things?

control-stand_ddj_higher_level.jpg

Here it is for anyone who has never seen one.

Interesting. I have a T1 and ended up making my self a make shift stand out of wood... I didn't realise the Magma stand could fit a laptop as well..

Where'd you find it for $70?

I bought it off of bhphotovideo.com

yeah i have one and paid $50 off amazon to get a "returned" unit. it's not bad but it doesn't quite do what i envisioned, which i'll spare the details of my personal wants since they probably aren't relevant to many people. it's pretty sturdy for the price and i don't feel like it's going to fall apart. it is not something you can easily take with you anyplace as it's rather bulky. also, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to put together by yourself, but hey, you should only have to do it once. for the price, i think it's a good stand.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    yeah i have one and paid $50 off amazon to get a "returned" unit. it's not bad but it doesn't quite do what i envisioned, which i'll spare the details of my personal wants since they probably aren't relevant to many people. it's pretty sturdy for the price and i don't feel like it's going to fall apart. it is not something you can easily take with you anyplace as it's rather bulky. also, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to put together by yourself, but hey, you should only have to do it once. for the price, i think it's a good stand.

The only reason I really wanted it was because I needed something for my controller and laptop at the same time and couldn't really find anything else. Also, I have a big laptop and I read up just now and it says it will hold a 16" comfortably so that's good. I read that people had said it was a bitch to put together, so I'm hoping I can handle that part of it.

It should work fine for you. It's awkward to put together but would probably be easier if you have someone helping that can hold pieces while you attach them.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music