can using 2 soundcards cause audio to half?

Default can using 2 soundcards cause audio to half?

I have been using my normal setup lately (2 k2's and a 4 channel mixer) and started to notice that it isn't playing out as loud as it could be. Is the setup of 2 soundcards splitting the load the output halfing the audio? It seems to be. My friend was using his VCI and it seemed substantially louder. Any ideas?

Have you tried unplugging THE 2nd soundcard?

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

well, technically I can't. Both the soundcard's are routing output to the mixer.

try agrigating the sounds cards? are you saying that your using one soundcard for 2 ch and the other for the other 2 ch?

Quote Originally Posted by NoizeuNit View Post
    try agrigating the sounds cards? are you saying that your using one soundcard for 2 ch and the other for the other 2 ch?
    They are aggregated. Yes that is what I am doing. Channel's A&D are running out of one device and B&C out of the other.

what mixer ?? try just using one

What are you trying to say? I am using the 4deck, 2xK2 and external mixer mapping. I only have one mixer.