VCI-400SE to Standard VCI-400 Firmware - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

I decided to fix my sticky deck A play transport button today - it's been like that since day one. While I was in there I found the H8 under the record w/d linear encoder. I assume it's flashed using header cn516.

image.jpg
    Vestax VCI-400SE EGE | Pioneer DDJ-SX | Numark NS7 | Novation Twitch | Traktor Scratch Pro | Serato DJ | Dj Player iOS | Mixvibes CrossDJ iOS

Tech Wizard

I don't know why you would want to use the stock firmware for Serato Dj. Serato Dj offers tighter platter control and a useable slicer mode. The regular VCI-400 does not send enough messages for slicer mode and is not available in Serato Dj. The flexibility and depth of effects in Traktor far outweigh tighter platter control.

I'll bet down the road Vestax releases a Serato Dj version of the VCI-400 with firmware that allows for slicer mode...
    Vestax VCI-400SE EGE | Pioneer DDJ-SX | Numark NS7 | Novation Twitch | Traktor Scratch Pro | Serato DJ | Dj Player iOS | Mixvibes CrossDJ iOS

Tech Wizard

Vci400 is Serato dj compatible as of about a week ago

Tech Convert

VCI-400 EGE is not compatible. Serato DJ came out only a few days back.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Funky B View Post
    I decided to fix my sticky deck A play transport button today image.jpg
    as you have opened the device and appear to know what you do...
    ...one question: Do you see any way to mod the VCI-400 by exchanging the two front switches for Loop/Cue/JogFX Dack A/B with something that is easier to grab and reach?

Tech Convert

The audio firmware and the 'midi/led feedback' are completely separate. You can easily change the audio firmware so why is it so hard to change the midi firmware? I know I got the response that it is a completely different way of altering the midi firmware but why is it so hard for DJTT to provide a method for us with DJTT SE/EGE hardware to change between the two?

Apparently Serato are on the case judging by their recent posts on their own forums, massive thumbs up to them!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi-J View Post
    as you have opened the device and appear to know what you do...
    ...one question: Do you see any way to mod the VCI-400 by exchanging the two front switches for Loop/Cue/JogFX Dack A/B with something that is easier to grab and reach?
    You could "switch" it out but it's no easy task. The switch is mounted at 90° and soldered on a narrow pcb on the lowest level in the case.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by davehopes View Post
    The audio firmware and the 'midi/led feedback' are completely separate. You can easily change the audio firmware so why is it so hard to change the midi firmware? I know I got the response that it is a completely different way of altering the midi firmware but why is it so hard for DJTT to provide a method for us with DJTT SE/EGE hardware to change between the two?

Apparently Serato are on the case judging by their recent posts on their own forums, massive thumbs up to them!
    Here a link to the post
    http://serato.com/forum/discussion/942681#new

It's my understanding that the DJTT firmware does not allow full updating over USB - see post 9. You can't blame DJTT for not having a crystal ball when they released the VCI-400SE. It was made clear that the device is designed to work with Traktor - not Serato DJ. Without an in-circuit eeprom writer for the H8 you will not be able to update the firmware to a stock device.

I hope in the future DJTT has learned from this and future devices will allow for multiple firmwares on a single device. I also hope that Serato will update their software to allow for the SE and include the slicer.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Funky B View Post
    You could "switch" it out but it's no easy task. The switch is mounted at 90° and soldered on a narrow pcb on the lowest level in the case.
    Too bad
    Then i'll abandon the idea to exchange the switch - too dangerous for me. Thank you for looking into it.
    Last edited by Rudi-J; 03-11-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12