Help with Audio Interface PLEASE!
    Tech Wizard

Default Help with Audio Interface PLEASE!

Hey guys,

To make thing short and easy:

My setup:
    2x CDJ 850
    DJM 850
    Kontrol X1
    Traktor 2.5

Im extremely broke at the moment and found a pair of CDJ 400's lying around, I want to connect them to Traktor for decks C and D and I am wondering which Interface to buy:

Audio 8/10 DJ (the expensive one)
    ESI Gigaport HD+ (the cheap solution)

Which one do you recommend?

My question to the Audio 8/10 is...once connected to Traktor, do the CDJ's work same as on USB HID mode?
    do you still need mappings?
    can you connect CDJ 1000's?
    what happens without mappings for them?
    Do you see things such as the pitch fade (when moved on the CDJ) moving on Traktor?

Sorry about all the questions, but I hope someone can give me some help!

nico
    DENON DN SC 2000 | CDJ 400's | Behringer DDM4000 | DJM 400 | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro | HDJ 500 | Stanton T62 | Audio 2 DJ
    Currently: CDJ-1000 MK3's | Allen & Heath Xone 22 | Kontrol X1 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Audio 8 DJ + TraktorSP 2.5 | 16GB Macbook SSD facebook.com/plutrix soundcloud.com/plutrix

Tech Guru

use the djm 850

Just plug all of your CDJ's into your 4 channel mixer (Traktor Scratch certified), set the mixing to external and set input routing accordingly, put timecode CDs in CDJs and you're good to go.

CDJ 850's aren't HID at the time of posting.

And no, you won't need a mapping using timecodes.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    use the djm 850
    uhh, yeah ..
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The djm850 is scratch certified so you don't need to buy anything other than the scratch upgrade kit from NI's store.

Tech Wizard

okay yeah cool, I should have made it a bit more clear. How would the situation be with CDJ 1000's? Since in a club where I DJ quite a lot, there are three CDJ 1000's which I would like to use on Traktor. How would that work then? mappings? connection? etc..?
    DENON DN SC 2000 | CDJ 400's | Behringer DDM4000 | DJM 400 | Kontrol S4 | Traktor Pro | HDJ 500 | Stanton T62 | Audio 2 DJ
    Currently: CDJ-1000 MK3's | Allen & Heath Xone 22 | Kontrol X1 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | Audio 8 DJ + TraktorSP 2.5 | 16GB Macbook SSD facebook.com/plutrix soundcloud.com/plutrix

If they have a DJM850 or DJM900 you just plug the mixer into your laptop via USB, put timecode CD into the CDJ1000s and then mix using timecode.

If it's a different mixer that isn't traktor scratch certified you have to wire up your Audio6 soundcard to the mixer and CDJs the way it shows in the manual and again put timecode CDs into the CDJ1000s and mix with them.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Okay great, so I don't need mappings right? as long as the CD decks have timecode cd's on them im off fine right? Audio 6 for 3 decks? Isn't the Scratch A6 only for 2 decks tops?

No you don't need mappings. You can't map CDJ1000s as they have no midi functionality.

The Audio6 DJ can do 3 decks of timecode control in Traktor.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!