MacBook Pro or air? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

things to consider about the air...

macbook air has a higher resolution screen than the older pro!
    there is now a third party company making replaceable larger SSD for the 2012 MBA .. also check out NIFTY Drives for the MBA.

if you get the pro i would replace the DVD for a SSD (rather than the existing hd) so you get best of both worlds..

Quote Originally Posted by MRG12EG View Post
    if you get the pro i would replace the DVD for a SSD (rather than the existing hd) so you get best of both worlds..
    Better yet. Replace them both with SSDs. As long as you have enough ram that you're not constantly paging, the life of the SSD is probably good enough for normal people.

And spinning platters really do suck. The one downside is that once you get used to a computer with only SSDs, it's damn near impossible to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Better yet. Replace them both with SSDs. As long as you have enough ram that you're not constantly paging, the life of the SSD is probably good enough for normal people.

And spinning platters really do suck. The one downside is that once you get used to a computer with only SSDs, it's damn near impossible to go back.
    i totally agree...

SSD's are a way of life now lol..

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    the Air 13" has 1 advantage over the MBP 13". Air is 1440x900 and MBP is 1280x800 so you get more screen on the Air.
    totally! it was a pleasant surprise to find that out. helps a lot with extra traktor decks and whatnot

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

the Air 13" has 1 advantage over the MBP 13". Air is 1440x900 and MBP is 1280x800 so you get more screen on the Air.
    And Currently has a Better Graphics card than the 13' pro

BTW I'd hold off getting any mac for about a month. Refresh is due and my gut says there will be speed bumps and possible discontinuations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12