DJ with iPad and Controller
    Tech Mentor

Default DJ with iPad and Controller

So I took advantage of the free DJ Player for IOS limited time offer and am digging the software. Tomorrow I plan to test the app on my phone and iPad with my brother's Denon MC6000 and also my CDJs. What I am wondering is if there is anybody out there that DJs regularly with just an iPad and controller? Is this a real possibility or is it still too soon. Not that I want to switch or anything. Basically I am kinda intrigued by the idea. I feel Serato or Traktor will eventually work on tablets and would like to use an ipad instead of a laptop with TTs or CDJs in the future.

i hear u!!! but for know stick with a laptop and controller!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Tech Mentor

So I tried it with CDJs and it was okay. I had to map everything and it didn't turn out great but gave me an easy way to play a song from the iPad. Hooked a couple controllers to it but got a message saying they were drawing to much power. I heard a hub could fix this though. Also it crashed a couple times but I believe the 3rd party camera connector I have is bunk. It gave me an error on a few occasions about not being compatible. DVS has just been added so I will try with Serato and see how that works out.

Tech Mentor

I got an iPad 2 with DJ Player as a backup for my Traktor Pro setup. DJ player is excellent, especially now with the Audio 6/10 soundcards being compatible, but I can't get my X1 and F1 to work. They should be USB Class Compliant (according to Ean's review of the X1), and I've set them to boot in MIDI Mode, but on connection my iPad gives me a message they're unsupported.

Anyone gotten their Kontrol's to work with iPad?
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by StephanV View Post
    I got an iPad 2 with DJ Player as a backup for my Traktor Pro setup. DJ player is excellent, especially now with the Audio 6/10 soundcards being compatible, but I can't get my X1 and F1 to work. They should be USB Class Compliant (according to Ean's review of the X1), and I've set them to boot in MIDI Mode, but on connection my iPad gives me a message they're unsupported.

Anyone gotten their Kontrol's to work with iPad?
    Most of the compatible controllers use their own power supply as the Ipad cannot supply much (used to be able to supply more before an update).
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Forgot to mention but I use a powered usb hub so that shouldn't be the issue, unless both of the hubs I tried are somehow incompatible..
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Tech Guru

Do the X1 and F1 function as standard MIDI controllers without Controller Editor installed on your computer?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB