where is the build up of a song? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

you're not mixing anything in that quick mix. it's just echo/freeze into 2 tracks that don't really make sense over and over again. i think at this point just stop trying to mix into the breakdowns and do a standard a>b mix by transitioning at the outro of track a into the intro of track b and letting the songs play together without using any effects at all (only use eq and volume). for the style of music you are playing that will probably be a 1:00-1:30 overlapping period. that should at least help you out with phrasing a bit and understanding what songs work together a little better.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

yeah thats the only way i know how to transition is echo button.

i'm trying to mix without a mixer and headphones. Just traktor 2 software.

You'll need to overlap the intro of one song into the outro of another, whilst slowly EQ'ing parts of the old track out. Especially for Trance style music as trying to mix the chorus of it can sound horrid! Just nice clean transitions.

( )=main beat of the tune -=outro/intro of track )

Old track ))))))))))))))-------------
    New track -------------))))))))))))))

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post

well i guess there is the problem: you cannot MIX without a MIXer... traktor 2 has an internal mixer that can be used without any controllers or mixer. far from practical but if you dont want to buy anything use that with your mouse and keyboard...

Alright i tried what you said left the echo button out.

Tried intro into outro. What do you think?

edit: oops i don't have two tracks playing at the same time. I just use the "fade in" then "fade out"
    Then "fade in" and "fade out" basically one track fades in then it fades out into the next track.

Does that make sense?

well, that's part of the issue. if you don't know your songs very well then your results are going to be mostly crap if you can't cue any tracks and don't have an understanding of how transitions work. even still, just try to mix the way i recommended so you can understand how transitions work with phrasing. the intros and outros are the easiest way to learn this and many pro djs (especially house guys) have a great deal of transitions like these in their sets.

once you've got the idea of normal transitions where the songs are easiest to mix, then you can start adding in other areas to transition with accompanying effects. you've got to start at the beginning and learn from there...and get yourself a way to cue your tracks immediately.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Alright i tried what you said left the echo button out.

Tried intro into outro. What do you think?

edit: oops i don't have two tracks playing at the same time. I just use the "fade in" then "fade out"
    Then "fade in" and "fade out" basically one track fades in then it fades out into the next track.

Does that make sense?
    ok, find a track that has an outro where the melody and bass stop, but where the beat continues. then mix in a track where the intro has a beat and the melody and bass start a bit later.

Dubluw put this into a visual format that should give you the idea---

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    ( )=main beat of the tune -=outro/intro of track )

Old track ))))))))))))))-------------
    New track -------------))))))))))))))
    Last edited by squidot; 12-02-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    thread of free music

Yeah when i get my first paycheck i'll probably buy some headphones but they are like 200.00 bucks for the one I like. Now i need to do outro into intro.

Edit:
    Okay let me find some new tracks these waveforms are consistent until the end.

just (((((((((((((( then dies. lol basically these tracks i just used has no flat line at the end no this -----------

We can spend a lot of time trying to teach you the basics of DJing, OR you can spend your own time looking it up.

There are SOOOOOO much more resources now than there was when I started DJing. So Its kinda annoying seeing you barely try. Instead of wasting your time sending us 5min clips of crap, go do a forum search.

Here's a link so you don't have to look. http://www.djtechtools.com/category/...s/basicdjtips/

Dont mean to sound like an asshole, but youre like that drunk chick bothering the DJs asking them to teach you. no offense.

Alright no offense taken. Will do more searching!
    Lost into a land of forums. Now i want to figure how to insert vocal samples from movies. Gragh i'm getting ahead of myself here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast